Naming rights step nearer

bobmcfc said:
can platini limit the amount of cash we get for this deal or is the sky the limit ?

It has to be in line with other similar deals, think Arsenal got £200m for a 20 year deal.

So i think we should expect a deal south of that, around £130-£150m.

Why does the richest club in the world need to get extra cash by naming its ground after some commercial company?

Most clubs don't, and only one big club does. A few smaller clubs do, but they usually need the money.

If a commercial name is chosen for the stadium I'll never use it.

bobmcfc said:
500m over 10/12 years would be nice. but what would the councils cut be ?

You would never get anywhere near that much, and im not sure the council are getting a cut. Looks like the new deal allows City to market the stadium without extra payments.

waspish said:
Let's rename it every year for 30m

Unless we get 4th this year, it should be a short-term deal because the value goes up when we get in the Champions league. Then it should be at least in line with Arsenal's plus a premium because of the worldwide media interest in our unique project.

urmston said:
Why does the richest club in the world need to get extra cash by naming its ground after some commercial company?

Most clubs don't, and only one big club does. A few smaller clubs do, but they usually need the money.

because UEFA won't let us spend our money freely on new players

urmston said:

Because of UEFA Finacial (UN)Fair Play

The Eithad arena already exists in Melbourne, can't see why etihad would want two "etihad arenas". Etihad stadium?

Edit- my mistake, its called the eithad stadium in melbourne. Sorry!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.