Naming rights step nearer

Well, if a name is coming (and I think it is) we must think big..

It´s surely a company associated with Abu Dhabi money in one way or another.

samharris said:
urmston said:
Why does the richest club in the world need to get extra cash by naming its ground after some commercial company?

Most clubs don't, and only one big club does. A few smaller clubs do, but they usually need the money.

If a commercial name is chosen for the stadium I'll never use it.

Thats a very pipe and slippers comment bud ..

Why?

Pipe and slippers suggest someone stuck in the past. However, in this modern world it is still the fashion amongst bigger clubs to shun a commercial name for their stadium. So I'm bang up to date in my opinion.

Arsenal excepted, here are the smallish clubs who have gone down the commercial naming route in England -

Coventry
Leicester
Bolton
Hull
Huddersfield
Doncaster
Oxford
Chesterfield
Burton Albion

Do City really want to join these clubs in such a downmarket policy?

urmston said:
samharris said:

Why?

Pipe and slippers suggest someone stuck in the past. However, in this modern world it is still the fashion amongst bigger clubs to shun a commercial name for their stadium. So I'm bang up to date in my opinion.

Arsenal excepted, here are the smallish clubs who have gone down the commercial naming route in England -

Coventry
Leicester
Bolton
Hull
Huddersfield
Doncaster
Oxford
Chesterfield
Burton Albion

We might notice that Arsenal is the most sound English club as well..Financially that is.
And that Bayern Munich is the most financially secure club in Europe and plays in a stadium named after an insurance company

Besides..CoMS is hardly a legend yet eh?

urmston said:
samharris said:

Why?

Coventry
Leicester
Bolton
Hull
Huddersfield
Doncaster
Oxford
Chesterfield
Burton Albion

Sorry,but do you not understand the FFP regs ??

cleavers said:
How about the Unicef Stadium, and take no money for it what so ever ?

Shove that in Platinis pipe, and let him suck on it.
I'd rather have the money so we can spend it please :)

forevermancity said:
cleavers said:
How about the Unicef Stadium, and take no money for it what so ever ?

Shove that in Platinis pipe, and let him suck on it.
I was serious.

We as a club don't actually "need" the money to spend on players. I said Unicef purely as an example, but I'm sure we could find another equally valuable stadium partner. We could become their ambassador to the world. Great PR for the club, and PR is worth a great deal.

This would (imho) be a far better use of the stadium naming rights, and we could point out to Platini that we are giving up a £100m+ sponsorship for the stadium to charity, when we could simply include it in our revenue. What could Platini do then to try and keep us out ? He would not only upset our owner if we did this, but he would outrage the worlds media, if he wants to play games, then lets engage him, and screw him over.

We'd be winners all round, and it would cost us nothing in real terms, because the stadium (without fans) currently earns us next to nothing.

cleavers said:
forevermancity said:
I was serious.

We as a club don't actually "need" the money to spend on players. I said Unicef purely as an example, but I'm sure we could find another equally valuable stadium partner. We could become their ambassador to the world. Great PR for the club, and PR is worth a great deal.

This would (imho) be a far better use of the stadium naming rights, and we could point out to Platini that we are giving up a £100m+ sponsorship for the stadium to charity, when we could simply include it in our revenue. What could Platini do then to try and keep us out ? He would not only upset our owner if we did this, but he would outrage the worlds media, if he wants to play games, then lets engage him, and screw him over.

We'd be winners all round, and it would cost us nothing in real terms, because the stadium (without fans) currently earns us next to nothing.

We'd be the winners all round...right up to the point when the lacking of stadium naming rights revenue means we fail Financial Fair Play and we get kicked out of Europe.

Unfortunately, charity and ethical good will don't actually count for anything in the FFPR.

Falastur said:
We'd be the winners all round...right up to the point when the lacking of stadium naming rights revenue means we fail Financial Fair Play and we get kicked out of Europe.

Unfortunately, charity and ethical good will don't actually count for anything in the FFPR.
You really think that in this politically correct world they would dare throw us out if we did this ? Not a chance.

cleavers said:
Falastur said:

You really think that in this politically correct world they would dare throw us out if we did this ? Not a chance.
This is UEFA and FIFA we're talking about, yes?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.