Naomi Osaka refusing to speak to the media - Is she right or wrong?

She should just answer Yes or No and get it over and done with. See if they can fine her then

She could and then the press will crucify her as a prima donna so that every tournament fans are allowed back into the majority will be rooting for her opponent.

I actually wish Pep would do that to some of the press in our conferences.

Ferguson refused to speak to MOTD for years, I'm not sure if he or the club got fined.

Toughen up love and do your job that every player is meant to do. Can't believe how soft the world has become. Mental health being used as a cop out for everything it seems.

If I was a pro footballer I'd refuse as well. Or answer in riddles. They wouldn't ask again.
Yeah. Every question answered with one of those three word fixing points from that app. My not-so-favourite place is the one yer get when yer type in FUCK, followed by THAT, and finished off with ARSEHOLE. I think it's a place on the side of the Bridgewater Canal.

Hm. Interesting opinions on here, mostly negative, of course.

Anyway, the tournament have options; stop inviting her if she won't do interviews, fine her (which she's accepted) or allow her to pick the journos she trusts to run through the gamut of questions usually asked and not monotonously repeated by the next journo that doesn't listen.

With the latter, all obligations are met.

Let's get it straight, she has no 'duty' to the media as they do not pay her wages, but allowing her to control it would keep the core of what's needed, tournament-wise, happy.

Can someone from the tennis association not sit with the players choosing the journalists
Don't know the history behind this issue

I think she has a point. Interviews aren't an inherent part of the job they are something that has crept in over time.

I think it would be better to have fewer post-match interviews across the world of sport. Less of the glib questions like "what does it mean to you“ when asking someone who has trained in a sport almost everyday since a young child.

One of the things about the modern world of sport that turns me off is the soap opera creation by some journalists.
Crafting questions fishing for quotes, being edgy or obnoxious with people after a defeat or poor performance and creating false narratives.

Journalists can always arrange out of competition interviews at a later date.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.