Napoli (A) Post Match Thread

Hiya Kaz, did he say this on ragcafe? I wish he’d have kept his word ;0)
I seem to remember a few people saying he slates us real bad on there,i wouldn't even think about going on there to look,life is too short and who wants to read that cesspit,it was that pep would never come to city

i've asked him that before, mate.
he's from switzerland, or so he says.
Switzerland in Barcelona yeah? Lol.
I’ve no issue with him being here-that’s none of my business really, what pisses me off is his font of all knowledge on all things Pep, knowledge which is in the public arena anyway, it’s like he thinks we didn’t know anything about the bloke before he rocked up here. We know his history, some of us have followed his career closely ourselves due to what he has done in the game. We know his love for his boyhood club whom he served from ball boy through to manager. We know Barca are his first love, but @FCBarca acts like he hasn’t had his heart broken by them (confessed to staying on a year to long) and acts as if he cannot love again. We don’t need a buffoon who moonlights on ragcafe stating the obvious and acting like he knows what Pep had for his breakfast.

Pep delivers in all sorts of ways. Stones and Sterling are the obvious evolutions from last season. But a mention about Delph; perhaps the greatest example of Pep’s abilities as a manager. Great stuff

The potential weakness i took from this match for us is that we need to be weary of asymetric formations which for ex. would overload a flank. Do consider that at the start of the game Napoli was very dangerous on our right flank and that kinda stopped went Ghoulam got injured, and i thought it was logical that the tactic to overload that flank had become difficult for Napoli once they lost Ghoulam, so in a sense i believe we would have seen a lot more danger on our right flank from Napoli if ghoulam had stayed on and it would have possibly become a far more difficult match for us.

Having played a lot of football manager i always loved assymetric formations, personally i think it's the superior tactic when facing a stronger opponent to aim to overload a flank and potentially exploit the space created on the other side with cross passing. We might get more teams trying that on us in the future and it might be difficult to react fast enough to it.
Yeah, it was noticeable that they loaded up on their left side when Ghoulam was on. They tried it again for a 15 minute spell in the second half too, with Insigne and Hamsik favouring that side when they had the ball. It exploits the fact that we only have one defensive midfield, so Kev has to keep his eye on it and eventually he did well to subdue the threat. The problem with doing that for Napoli and anyone else trying it is that when they lost the ball, they were completely open on their right and as we saw, Leroy was a constant threat.

Yeah, it was noticeable that they loaded up on their left side when Ghoulam was on. They tried it again for a 15 minute spell in the second half too, with Insigne and Hamsik favouring that side when they had the ball. It exploits the fact that we only have one defensive midfield, so Kev has to keep his eye on it and eventually he did well to subdue the threat. The problem with doing that for Napoli and anyone else trying it is that when they lost the ball, they were completely open on their right and as we saw, Leroy was a constant threat.

Yeah, they commit a good number of players to that left and their right back would in such a strategy typically be alone on his flank and would need to move up for potential cross passes. Still, in the first 20 minutes they scored a nice goal like that from open play and it was the first of the goal of the match. I think its a way to be able to put more goals in our net rather than using a balanced formation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.