Napoli attendance {merged}

Re: 28k (ish) for Napoli?

A few over the top threads have been deleted. Keep it civil please.

It's a combination of effects...

Season ticket holders live away from Manchester, have limited holidays, or can only budget for league games
They work away during the week, Like me
They work shifts midweek
School night for younger kids.
Can't afford ticket
Games on TV

I'm making the effort for this one, I have to get a peak train from London, and one back in the morning, and I am dropping a days money, I am also relaxing the no matches for school nights for my kids given it's the first Champs League game.

This doesn't make me a better supporter, just lucky that I can afford it. I would never criticise any fan who can't get to a game, for either economic choice, or personal priorities.

You never know with our ticket office where we are with sales, the guy in front of me wanted 3 tickets together, response was that will not be possible. He buys a 2 and 1 for match and leaves. I am getting Barca tickets and while they sort this out, Guy next door buys 2 adults and 2 kids together for tommorrow. You couldnt make it up, I think they just cant be arsed. I also think all this membership card etc puts of the casual match fan big style.

To anyone who is worried about what the Rags will say when we do not sell out just remind them of their first Champions League game against Gothenburg in 1994.

Wednesday 14 September 1994
UEFA Champions League - Group phase
Old Trafford (33,625)
Man Utd 4 - 2 Gothenburg
Giggs
Giggs
Kanchelskis
Sharpe

Starting XI
Peter Schmeichel
David May
Denis Irwin
Steve Bruce
Lee Sharpe
Gary Pallister
Andrei Kanchelskis
Paul Ince
Nicky Butt
Mark Hughes
Ryan Giggs

Managers
Alex Ferguson

33k.....enough said!!

Craig is there many Barca tickets left?, might try pre-match or first thing on Thursday, two games in two days :-).

GXCity said:
To anyone who is worried about what the Rags will say when we do not sell out just remind them of their first Champions League game against Gothenburg in 1994.

Old Trafford (33,625)
Man Utd 4 - 2 Gothenburg
Giggs
Giggs
Kanchelskis
Sharpe

Starting XI
Peter Schmeichel
David May
Denis Irwin
Steve Bruce
Lee Sharpe
Gary Pallister
Andrei Kanchelskis
Paul Ince
Nicky Butt
Mark Hughes
Ryan Giggs

Managers
Alex Ferguson

33k.....enough said!!

What the rags think isn't important to me but I have to admit I'm surprised at that.

Cobwebcat said:
GXCity said:

Old Trafford (33,625)
Man Utd 4 - 2 Gothenburg
Giggs
Giggs
Kanchelskis
Sharpe

Starting XI
Peter Schmeichel
David May
Denis Irwin
Steve Bruce
Lee Sharpe
Gary Pallister
Andrei Kanchelskis
Paul Ince
Nicky Butt
Mark Hughes
Ryan Giggs

Managers
Alex Ferguson

33k.....enough said!!

What the rags think isn't important to me but I have to admit I'm surprised at that.

And thatwas after all their new fans started following them in '93

FFS chill about attendances,we have a hardcore of about 35000 (season ticket holders)so that leaves about 9k to fill the ground + the 3000 away allocation.

looks like we are going to get about 40-42k out of a reduced capacity of around 45k so its hardly a non show.

It takes years to buld up a stronger fanbase so lets just cut a bit of slack eh.When we win the league or CL only then will we see a clamber for seats,from fans that havent been for years and newcomers aswell.

philiph20 said:
Craig is there many Barca tickets left?, might try pre-match or first thing on Thursday, two games in two days :-).

There is about 600 or so available from what I know mate and are expecting them to be sold pretty quickly at the Napoli game!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.