Napoli attendance {merged}

Re: 28k (ish) for Napoli?

Project said:
Zonalmarking said:
GXCity said:
To anyone who is worried about what the Rags will say when we do not sell out just remind them of their first Champions League game against Gothenburg in 1994.

Wednesday 14 September 1994
UEFA Champions League - Group phase
Old Trafford (33,625)
Man Utd 4 - 2 Gothenburg
Giggs
Giggs
Kanchelskis
Sharpe

Starting XI
Peter Schmeichel
David May
Denis Irwin
Steve Bruce
Lee Sharpe
Gary Pallister
Andrei Kanchelskis
Paul Ince
Nicky Butt
Mark Hughes
Ryan Giggs

Managers
Alex Ferguson

33k.....enough said!!

There was no Stretford end in 1994? It was being re-built.

I was at that game (school trip... held out the CL flag in the centre circle before the game) and i'm certain the Stretford End's conversion to all seater was already finished by that point.

It had long been completed by then - work started on converting the Stretford End to all-seater at the beginning of the 1992-1993 season. That's why we only received a miniscule allocation of a couple of hundred or so tickets for the Old Trafford derby in December 1992. The building of the new North Stand didn't start until the 1995-1996 season and the impact of that saw us receive a grand total of zero tickets for the October 1995 derby there.

I'm not sure what Old Trafford's capacity was in September 1994 (it would be easy to find out - just look at United's attendances in the home league games either side of that Gothenburg fixture) but I'm certain it was way higher than 33,000 or so.

BringBackSwales said:
Zonalmarking said:
GXCity said:
To anyone who is worried about what the Rags will say when we do not sell out just remind them of their first Champions League game against Gothenburg in 1994.

Old Trafford (33,625)
Man Utd 4 - 2 Gothenburg
Giggs
Giggs
Kanchelskis
Sharpe

Starting XI
Peter Schmeichel
David May
Denis Irwin
Steve Bruce
Lee Sharpe
Gary Pallister
Andrei Kanchelskis
Paul Ince
Nicky Butt
Mark Hughes
Ryan Giggs

Managers
Alex Ferguson

33k.....enough said!!

but the shitford end is only approximately 1/4 of the total shit heap capacity?

Stretford End was knocked down end of 90-91 season and open for 92-93 season.

Next Excuse.....................

Project said:
Zonalmarking said:
GXCity said:

Old Trafford (33,625)
Man Utd 4 - 2 Gothenburg
Giggs
Giggs
Kanchelskis
Sharpe

Starting XI
Peter Schmeichel
David May
Denis Irwin
Steve Bruce
Lee Sharpe
Gary Pallister
Andrei Kanchelskis
Paul Ince
Nicky Butt
Mark Hughes
Ryan Giggs

Managers
Alex Ferguson

33k.....enough said!!

I was at that game (school trip... held out the CL flag in the centre circle before the game) and i'm certain the Stretford End's conversion to all seater was already finished by that point.
In 1994 it was finsihed! The European game that the Stretford End was being rebuilt at was against Torpedo Moscow when they got about 16000 - even though there were only three stands there were empty seats in abundance still.

Prestwich_Blue said:
The capacity at the swamp was never less than 45,000 and the conversion of the old Stretford End was finished for the 1994/5 season. So the capacity for that first CL game would have been around 55,000.

So it was at 60% capacity, meaning we would need 28,000 to match that.

Nah the conversion meant the capacity ended up at either 42 or 44k. That was the capacity until they did the North Stand, which took it to the 55k you mention. Then opposite the Stretford End and the corners to 67 and 76 respectively.

I remember going to the 1-1 in April 1992 when Pointon was sent off and Keith Curle scored the pen and the crowd was 46.781 which was the last year of the standing Stretford End. the next season we played them in December when we lost 2-1 and the crowd was 35,408...the capacity with 3/4 of the stadium standing was initially around 33,000 and then increased with stages,the follwoing season we lost 2-0 with the seated Stretford End and the crowd was 44,333 which was about capacity for the all seater Old Trafford, the capacity then rose to 55,000 when the new North stand was completed in 1996....sorry i'm a bit of a ground bore and the Simon inglis book is my bible.

danburge82 said:
Project said:
Zonalmarking said:

In 1994 it was finsihed! The European game that the Stretford End was being rebuilt at was against Torpedo Moscow when they got about 16000 - even though there were only three stands there were empty seats in abundance still.

Just so any lurking Rags don't pull you up, the official attendance for their UEFA Cup game against Torpedo Moscow was 19,998. The Stretford End was being renovated at the time but ground capacity was still in the region of 30,000 so unless they gave the Russians 10,000 tickets which were all returned then it's fair to say that that was a very poor attendance for a club of their size.

this attendance shit from the rags is beyond a joke - it is FACT there average gates have doubled since 1990 (strange b4 that they were winning fuck all in real terms ) they have more glory hunting twats that have ever been witnessed anywhere in world football history - the same twats will go and support someone else in an instant should yernites fortunes ever take a dip (fingers crossed ) man utd loyal fan base - the biggest fucking myth ever !

As I posted yesterday in another thread. This is from last season.

2uthz0j.jpg

30,000 empty seats, are you f*cking sure?

Prestwich_Blue said:
The capacity at the swamp was never less than 45,000 and the conversion of the old Stretford End was finished for the 1994/5 season. So the capacity for that first CL game would have been around 55,000.

So it was at 60% capacity, meaning we would need 28,000 to match that.

Edit: Apologies - it was 43,000 from 1994-1996. So still only 3/4 full meaning we need about 35-36,000 to match it.

Whoa, I don't know why you've invented some sort of bizarre competition, spanning decades?? I reckon the Napoli game will sell out, apart from the space for CL advertising.

All through the 90's all three sides of OT were knocked down and re-built, so it's abit daft plucking out attendence figures from mongapedi. That was my point. Not to enter into a pissing contest.

LoveCity said:
Zonalmarking said:
In 1994 the capacity was 45k

Considering how much you defend them, just tell us - are you a United fan?

What about the 18k vs. Torpedo Moscow in 1992/1993? How do you defend that?

that was established a few weeks ago ....... he has openly stated that he is a rag living abroad ....... I don't know why we let them stay but for some reason the powers that be don't mind them ............ the only negative of this forum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.