Napoli attendance {merged}

Re: 28k (ish) for Napoli?

I bet the lads from Balo's favourite restaurant had no problem getting tickets

GaudinoMotors said:
The embarrassment that was our Community Shield attendance was supposedly down to the fact that it was a meaningless game, people were on holiday and people were saving the money for the Champions League games - so where is everyone now?
Perhaps it is time to reassess the sleeping giant theory? Maybe this is as good as it gets -
28 to 30 thousand core support and the rest on a pick and choose basis.

The community shield attendance wasnt embarrassing, just as the Napoli attendance wont be either. We are what we are. It makes me laugh these threads surface. I dont go to every game so wouldnt criticise others for not attending, with the exception of a few, we all miss games and other things take priority. If we have a hardcore of 30k thats great and if others pick and choose its up to them, we all support the club so why slate each other.

franksinatra said:
GaudinoMotors said:
The embarrassment that was our Community Shield attendance was supposedly down to the fact that it was a meaningless game, people were on holiday and people were saving the money for the Champions League games - so where is everyone now?
Perhaps it is time to reassess the sleeping giant theory? Maybe this is as good as it gets -
28 to 30 thousand core support and the rest on a pick and choose basis.

The community shield attendance wasnt embarrassing, just as the Napoli attendance wont be either. We are what we are. It makes me laugh these threads surface. I dont go to every game so wouldnt criticise others for not attending, with the exception of a few, we all miss games and other things take priority. If we have a hardcore of 30k thats great and if others pick and choose its up to them, we all support the club so why slate each other.

Well that's just great Nietzche thanks for the 'bleeding obvious' - and where does my post slate anyone - it merely asks a question and makes an observation.

Although only £25 for the Napoli game it falls 2 days short of Pay day, there was no announcement on ticket prices until 2 weeks ago, and you know how it is the money goes elsewhere, now I know the round-a-bout price of a champs league ticket I shall keep that little bit in my bank account instead of spunging it on my missus, or a pie at the league games. I was one of those that went to the C/S and it was a pretty poor turn out, but I went purely because I hadn't spent 300 on going to the semi and the final like a lot of blues had.

This game is a near sell out anyway.

Cheesy said:
berger1985 said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
How do you define any cost? Would you risk permanant paralysis from the waist down to attend? Thats why I'll be watching at home but one of my mates will be enjoying my ticket, from the cup scheme I signed up to in July!! People need to let this attending not attending subject drop. If you can go then go and be thankful, if you can't then fair enough you have your reasons.

That's not exactly a choice to not attend though really is it. I can understand that, your health is more important and I hope you are able to attend again soon. I'm thinking more on a financial/time cost of attending, I wouldn't miss it at any cost or regardless of how far away I lived from the ground, or if I had to take a day off work, or if I couldn't afford my pre match pints as well as a ticket.

I can understand genuine reasons for not being able to go, it's the feeble excuses that annoy me.

You're very lucky if you don't care about the cost and are able to take a day off work at will. These aren't 'feeble excuses' for many people.

By the way, it's the 'not a proper blue' jibes that annoy me.

Some of us make the necessary sacrifices to be able to attend, because City is a priority. And I never said anyone was 'not a proper blue', I said that all the proper blues I know are going, the ones I know that aren't are the usual part time no shows! This is my personal experience, I don't know a proper blue that ain't going. It's as simple as that really and same goes for all home games regardless of competition. Half the silly fuckers that say they can't afford to go spend £100 a month on cigs, £100 a month on booze....but can't afford a £25 ticket. Lol. Proper blues. Again, this is personal experience and the excuses are feeble.

Money is an issue for me, and I missed paying my mortgage to renew my season ticket and would do again in a heart beat. Nothing will ever get in the way of City, I wouldn't move abroad with the family to Lanzarote because of City, I won't take a job that requires weekend work because of City, I quit playing football because it clashed with City, if I need money for tickets and it means I can't afford cigs or as night out for 6 months, I don't give a shit because....City is what matters more to me as a matter of priority. Some of us are like that.

We sold out Wigan a week before the game, but can't sell out for Europe that's what's off

And the reason is the very low uptake by seasoncard holders of Cup tickets

The most likely explanation is one that most fans wont like ........ our seasoncard holders live outside of Manchester and find it difficult to make midweek Kick Offs.

Does it matter? Of course. Attendances are a measure of a club's size and potential

Didsbury Dave said:
The "embarrassment" being referred to is simply those out there who fear being ribbed off their United mates.

You can admit it or not but that's the truth.

Grow some balls and give it them both fucking barrells - it's only Man Utd fans who choose their club because they've got the most fans. Who gives a shit how many fans a club has?

Well that's not my reason. I couldn't care less about them. My reasons are:

1. That people will miss a great night and don't realise it because they think it's just Napoli

but more importantly

2. I want to say thanks to our owners for everything and knowing how important the CL is to the development of the club I can't think of a better way than a full house on our first ever game.

No problem with people who can't afford it just those that can't be bothered because they don't think it's anything special. It is....very.

Marvin said:
We sold out Wigan a week before the game, but can't sell out for Europe that's what's off

And the reason is the very low uptake by seasoncard holders of Cup tickets

The most likely explanation is one that most fans wont like ........ our seasoncard holders live outside of Manchester and find it difficult to make midweek Kick Offs.

Does it matter? Of course. Attendances are a measure of a club's size and potential

That's never bothered Chelsea - They very rarely sell out for cup games

Didsbury Dave said:
The "embarrassment" being referred to is simply those out there who fear being ribbed off their United mates.

You can admit it or not but that's the truth.

Grow some balls and give it them both fucking barrells - it's only Man Utd fans who choose their club because they've got the most fans. Who gives a shit how many fans a club has?

Me, I want City to be the best at everything. That includes our support. I will always give it back to any rag who wants to try to rib us, but it reflects badly on us because the likes of Tottenham, Everton, Villa, Newcastle and Sunderland would all sell 40k plus in my opinion.

It makes us look like we have a big chunk of our support who don't care enough to find an extra 25 quid for a ticket (I exclude long distance blues from that before they start crying). It's the Champions League ffs, where is the passion?

Carlos The Jackal said:
Fuzzy Logic said:
Carlos The Jackal said:
Also, watching football is not the top priority for the majority of fans.

What a load of old shite.

Most people have families, friends, careers, bills to pay, hobbies, holidays etc.
City are important but not as important as paying bills, spending time with friends and family etc.
If city are you're priority then fair enough mate, but they aren't mine or most other peoples.

I have two children and a mortgage and bills to pay but i also budget to watch city, if you can't manage to get 25 notes together for Citys first match in the european cup for 40 plus years then the mind boggles.

Well aren`t you the lucky one !!
I assume that you aren`t on the minimum wage,unlike a lot of people nowadays.
"Can`t manage to get 25 notes together" Yes thats the reality for some Blues fans unfortunately,so please don`t be piss taking just because you earn a decent salary !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.