Napoli Away Last 2 Places

Re: Napoli Away 1 Night stopover still available

What's the VERY latest I could book this?

redhel said:
I appreciate Liverpool fans may not be welcome on this site, but many of us do actually care for the safety of all football fans. I went to Naples with Liverpool last season, and I can tell you, it is not the safest of cities. I travelled down from Rome by train on the morning of the game, at the same time, hearing of the stabings the previous evening. I stayed near the piazza garibaldi and did not enjoyed a single moment of the trip as its hard to see where you are walking if you are looking over your shoulder all the time! I'm sure most of you will have a good time if you be careful. Down by the waterfront is nice and I believe Pompeii is well worth a visit. Its just a crazy city and I will never go there again. After the game by the way, we were kept in the ground for ages, then put onto a convoy of buses and taken the very long way back into town. Then, hilariously as it seems now, dropped off down by the port, where no one was staying, and left to our own devices to get back to the city centre. Stick together is all I can advise.
Hello mate & thanks for your input on this. I think quite a few including me are concerned especially after what happened with your fans last year. How was the train journey from Rome-Naples as that is the way that we are going ? Also where did you stay in Naples as i am thinking more about staying near the port now. Cheers fella

I dont think there's anything to worry about as far as safety is concerned.

It doesnt look like any tickets are ever going on sale.

The train from Rome to Naples was fine, no problem with that at all. I stayed in a small hotel about 50 yards off the piazza Garibaldi and that was basic but friendly enough, so no problem there either. BUT, that square is a dodgy place and some of the bars just off it, where some mates were drinking the night before, were attacked without provocation. I can't comment on hotels down by the port, although the team stayed down by the waterfront and that was tops! The view from there across the bay to the volcano is fantastic, so a few peaceful moments there takes your mind off the worries:) Buses took some fans to the stadium from the port but to be honest, I took the cowards way and bought a Napoli scarf, kept my head down and got the train! You've just got to be on the ball all the time, and it should be ok but I think it's good to be warned. Bayern had fans attacked, Utrecht last season had half a dozen stabbed and Bucharest fans suffered the same treatment. Ive been all over Europe with Liverpool since 1978 and its the only place Ive really felt threatened.
To all of you making the trip, have a good one and keep safe.
Peter

redhel said:
The train from Rome to Naples was fine, no problem with that at all. I stayed in a small hotel about 50 yards off the piazza Garibaldi and that was basic but friendly enough, so no problem there either. BUT, that square is a dodgy place and some of the bars just off it, where some mates were drinking the night before, were attacked without provocation. I can't comment on hotels down by the port, although the team stayed down by the waterfront and that was tops! The view from there across the bay to the volcano is fantastic, so a few peaceful moments there takes your mind off the worries:) Buses took some fans to the stadium from the port but to be honest, I took the cowards way and bought a Napoli scarf, kept my head down and got the train! You've just got to be on the ball all the time, and it should be ok but I think it's good to be warned. Bayern had fans attacked, Utrecht last season had half a dozen stabbed and Bucharest fans suffered the same treatment. Ive been all over Europe with Liverpool since 1978 and its the only place Ive really felt threatened.
To all of you making the trip, have a good one and keep safe.
Peter

Many thanks for the info.

I think sensible contributors and honest opinion from other fans is a good thing, esp when it's concerning 'serious' matters that far more important than the game itself.

Since City are new to much of it, it's good to get decent advise and warning about this sort of stuff. Nobody in their right mind ever wants to see folks getting hurt just because they supported a particular team.

Staying in Sorrento as per Spike's trip will be fine. Its about 1 1/2 hours coach ride away from Naples and your biggest risk will be running out of dosh as it's quite expensive. Great place tho. You can get the ferry from there to Naples if you're not on a coach - picturesque but requires a stroll through the city when you get there so would advise against it. Probably best to avoid the train (circumvesuviana) as that cuts through some pretty crappy suburbs of Naples.

According to City website entry to away end will need ticket and passport so should be reasonably safe from being infiltrated by stabby locals.

All.

2 things - Please see the ticket exchange - If anyone wants to use my season card to guarantee ticket please pm me. 5490 pts on CL scheme.

Worked in Naples in 94 for 4 months. Loved the place. All cities have rough areas, I personally wouldn't walk round the east end of London (stab central) on a dark night on my own. If you haven't booked anything yet stay in Sorrento/Amalfi or Positano. Absolutely beautiful. Get a pizza in Naples-awesome. Get the boat to Capri for a few hours...
Just be careful blues-stick together.I personally loved the place but never been to a match there so it may well be quite hostile. Anyway-enjoy and lets hope all blues come back safe.

I was in Naples 1974 with the Royal Navy was pis*ed all the time so my input is worth squat

Any chance of this filling up? i will be probably joining it but be very late on!

Any deadline on when i can book it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.