Napoli Away

I'm going back a long time, and probably doing the place a diservice
I was there in 80 for a few days so I could go to pompei, I really felt threatened wherever we went and was constantly hassled to buy a 'fake' watch. I was glad to get out of the place in one piece
Couple of years later stayed in Rome and just drove down to pompei rather than stay overnight in Naples

Kayla-CTID said:
My old man is in the Navy, he went there years ago with them , and has said that it is an absolute shit hole. They basically hate anyone who is not Italian.

Wrong!

They hate everybody that aren't 'Neopolitan'

Gangs of men everywhere just looking threatening!

Great Pizza tho'!

Myself & my girlfriend went to Naples for my birthday 2 years ago ... we had a brilliant time, didn`t feel threatened, no problem whatsoever. Don`t get me wrong, I`ve been to football in Italy a fair few times over the years & been involved in a few "lively" situations. I always said I`d never go to Turin again for football (& would definitely think twice about Rome) after seeing England there in 1980, got talked into it last season, went & had 1 of the best EVER Euro aways. We are going (£71 each return from Stansted - Mon to Thurs) this time. The area the dippers got stabbed in is a really dodgy area (the same as everywhere in a strange city - if you stray from the busier areas .....). I know it can happen anywhere at anytime, & it wouldn`t surprise me if it goes off, but you`d never go to the football away ever again if you worry about it. Naples is a "lived in" city (graffiti on top of graffiti everywhere) & a few places did look a bit dodgy, but you can only say as you find can`t you?

The City is run by the Comorra which is mafia type outfit. They control most things there including the police. They had a major rubbish crisis a few years back as the Comorra took control of the rubbish disposal contracts and just dumped illegal and toxic waste on the sides of the street. Then set fire to it to save money disposing of it so pollution and water contamination is also a problem.

Before you go make sure you purchase your Iron Clad underpants ....... those Iti's don't half love to stab people in the arse (not a euphemism either).

I remember talking to some dippers who went over there when they played them and they reckon cars loads of thugs were cruising around the City looking for any Liverpool fans, shirts & scarf types as well as hooligan types......

If you do go DO NOT DRIVE. The most scary place ive ever drove or been driven.
Other than that its great, if you stay chilled people dont take notice of you, i was actually served a meal by some guy high up in the mafia just cos i made a few mates there. If you look flustered and 'english tourist' then youll definately be targeted.

The weather will be good, food amazing and it is brilliantly cheap in south italy.

Just booked flights from stanstead, would have booked one way if i had known id be coming back in a body bag.....:(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.