Napoli post-match thread

Did that starting 11 hit a wall after so many recent minutes, or were Napoli responsible for our drop in form over the last 60 minutes of the game? If the former, is it time for a bit of rotation this weekend?

think a little of both. We looked ragged that second half.

First 35 mins was an extension of the Stoke performance but the rest of the game highlights that you need to take chances against the very best sides as they will come back into it. They were very slick but didn't create too many clear openings and I thought we defended well.

Good win though.

Stones played very well for me and Fernandinho for 60 mins. He wasn't so good after that.

To be expected that napoli would fight back and we looked jaded for fair chunk on 2nd half. But awesome in first half. Great win. Top of the group. And we'll be well rested when we go over there. No complaints because of the above. Gonna turn it in before the moaners and masked rags turn up. Happy days.

got away with that. I guess this is why Pep wanted a large squad to rotate because we look tired and that's a concern that only halfway through the 2nd game out of 7 we're struggling to maintain tempo. Subs made way too late and we need to pull players who give the ball away frequently as it put too much pressure on the others who then tired quicker and made mistakes.

We need to learn from that whilst taking the 3 points and freshen up for Saturday because Burnley (and everybody else) will look to exploit what we've shown today. Hopefully that 2nd half is the worst we'll play all season.

Crucial 3 points particularly as I don't fancy us at their place when we were unable to stop them playing so easily here.
It was against one of the better team in Europe playing with a full strength team, this place amazes me sometimes

Excellent first half, especially the first 30 mins.

Not sure what happened to us in the 2nd half. Our pressing dropped off a lot and we lost our movement and passing game completely. Some of the ball control and decision making was unusually poor as well. Probably down to tiredness but it made the last few minutes a bit more nervy than necessary.

Anyway we got the 3 points and that is the important thing.

Did that starting 11 hit a wall after so many recent minutes, or were Napoli responsible for our drop in form over the last 60 minutes of the game? If the former, is it time for a bit of rotation this weekend?

We stopped the intense pressing and allowed them back into the game, I'd start Aguero, Gundogan, B.Silva and Danilo at the weekend

Good win. They were very impressive. There's not a team in our league who can press, or pass, as well as them. We won't get tested like that in our league.

Some of our players tired quite dramatically.

Great game management and great win. For all their dynamism and speed we just kept them at bay without need to get into higher gears in the second half. I am so happy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.