Napoli post-match thread

Looked a little tired in parts in the second half, but had Sterling played the killer ball at the start of that half, we'd have been home and dusted. They are a quality outfit and deserve full respect. And, so are we.

We would have drew/lost that last year, Otta and Delph very good, Silva bit of an off night, Napoli decent and showed very good energy. Well done boys 3 out of 3 and on we go

No reason to believe City can't win at Napoli. Any team that presses that much is opening themselves up and City are a dangerous side to try that with.

Another great result City. Different kind of performance but good to grind out a result when not at our best against one of Europe's in form teams.
Can only help us with our confidence, albeit still a lot to learn. Stones was immense!

Ederson and Stones superb. Bernardo looked good when he came on.

Very unlucky for Kev hitting the bar, if that goes in we destroy them. But theyre the best side we've played this season and we mostly looked goid, just cut out the daft mistakes in the box.

Overall though we did well, stuck at it under pressure.

I thought Walker, Fernandinho had bad games and Sané had a bad first half, which unfortunately coincided with the period when we should have put the game away and a few times he made poor decisions in attack, but kept going and looked much better in the second half.

I also think that's the toughest team we'll play until February, so if we can still beat them with some players having off-days' then you can't complain.

Ederson, Stones & Otamendi were absolutely fantastic in every aspect of the game.

Fernandinho looked exhausted, and again, while no one in England are going to work us as hard as Napoli, he needs to be kept fit.
I thought Fern was excellent all game

I thought Walker, Fernandinho had bad games and Sané had a bad first half.

However, I also think that's the toughest team we'll play until February, so if we can still beat them with some players having off-days' then you can't complain.

Ederson, Stones & Otamendi were absolutely fantastic in every aspect of the game.
Good summation though Fern was imperious 1st half and thought Walker did ok. Saw him firectikg traffic near the end to make sure we were covered when they got the ball.

Liked our game management in the final minutes too. Gives the others a rest.

got away with that. I guess this is why Pep wanted a large squad to rotate because we look tired and that's a concern that only halfway through the 2nd game out of 7 we're struggling to maintain tempo. Subs made way too late and we need to pull players who give the ball away frequently as it put too much pressure on the others who then tired quicker and made mistakes.

We need to learn from that whilst taking the 3 points and freshen up for Saturday because Burnley (and everybody else) will look to exploit what we've shown today. Hopefully that 2nd half is the worst we'll play all season.

Crucial 3 points particularly as I don't fancy us at their place when we were unable to stop them playing so easily here.

Pmsl and thats all your post deserves.

phenomenal for 35 mins and i do mean phenomenal and for the rest of the game we played very well against a side that has won 8 form 8 domestically and has been free scoring.

Napoli couldnt stop us from playing never mind the other way around as you like to think.

We can't play dazzling stuff all the time. Job done. Pocket the three points and move on.
We were able to do it for 30 minutes. ;-)

I agree, though. I am actually almost more satisfied with this win then I was with our Chelsea victory. This was a real test and we passed. The experience will do us well for the rest of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.