Napoli Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Dragongigi said:
Good evening to all boys, I'm a fan of Naples and I wanted to discuss with you in a peaceful manner on the game yesterday.
In Naples was a highly anticipated game, this year we have lost many points in the league just for playing in the Champions ... and not having the right parts we struggled.
The game yesterday was beautiful, you should know that our team is exalted against the big teams like you taking advantage of our best weapon, the counter-attack with Lavezzi and Cavani.

Let me give you a good luck for the Premier League, I hope the win.

We put some video of the magical evening, I hope you appreciate the heat from fans and the passion of our fans!

Inno Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlubMxYVJ6U&feature=channel_video_title

1° Goal of Cavani
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZVT5JE5-kA&feature=relmfu

O' Surdat' Nammurat (Final Song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaCRpPGJ7qY&feature=channel_video_title

Yeah thats true even your manager has stated this.Question is do you think this is smart given your league position? do you guys wish you did take the league more seriously as right now you won't be in it next year. Your team is very talented which is why It's hard to see how you aren't in the top 4.

"Having disembarked in Naples as a new footballing pope, Mancini leaves as a cardinal. Too much possession just for the sake of it … Strengthened by the €910m spent by Sheikh Mansour, Manchester dictated the play for a long time, but often with the presumptuousness of the well‑to-do: their attitude in possession was leisurely and fanciful" Gazzetta dello Sport

"Napoli savaged the team of the moment, who have been trotting around England and Europe with all these great champions and with a €250m hole in their finances – created in just one year" La Repubblica

"English TV must have a system that speeds up the images when they broadcast Premier League games. There is no other way to explain why the Manchester City we've seen running on TV all season were instead only walking, with a slowness of step, passing and thoughts that surprised us" La Stampa

Damocles said:
BillyShears said:
It's on Mancini tonight. Made so many bad decisions both in team selection and substitutions that it's not even funny. Hugely disappointed not because we're going to go out of the CL, but because we/he didn't have the nous to beat an average football team over 180 minutes.

My personal hatred is the full back rotation. What the fuck on God's earth Kolarov and Zabaleta were doing on that pitch ahead of Micah and Gael is beyond me. Neither of a the former two have at any point this season shown anywhere near the quality the latter two have.

The ignominy of ending up playing Europa league football for the rest of the season will hopefully be the kind of bitter tonic Mancini needs to look back at his own decisions in this CL campaign and just how badly they've cost us...

Ah well...onwards and upwards.

Predictable twaddle

Did you come up with that all by yourself or is there a computer program you use to randomly generate two word critiques?

I'll have to remember to try and care enough in future when I read one of your posts to return the favour...

I personally think Mancini got it totally wrong tactically last night. You can't fault the team for effort or determination, the character and composure we showed when we went 1-0 down was sublime.

I just think the formation and a serious lack of width in attacking positions cost us dearly against a very compact and narrow Napoli side. In possession we needed to stretch the game but we had Silva and Balotelli in wide areas and their natural instinct is to drift into central areas, which works usually but last night we got suffocated and outnumbered by Napoli's three man central defence and effectively six man midfield when Lavezzi and Hamsik dropped back.

We should have called Napoli's bluff and played a counter attacking game ourselves, we didn't have to take the game to them and expose our defence by pushing too many bodies forward. They had to win, they had to eventually take the game to us and we just needed to be patient and we just took the wrong approach and wrong tactics into the game.

Anyway fuck it - We're top of the league scoring goals for fun, we twatted the Rag Scum for 6 at the Swamp and we twatted Twitchy Harry for 5 at White Hart Lane. FORZA MANCINI.

fatbloke said:
I personally think Mancini got it totally wrong tactically last night. You can't fault the team for effort or determination, the character and composure we showed when we went 1-0 down was sublime.

I just think the formation and a serious lack of width in attacking positions cost us dearly against a very compact and narrow Napoli side. In possession we needed to stretch the game but we had Silva and Balotelli in wide areas and their natural instinct is to drift into central areas, which works usually but last night we got suffocated and outnumbered by Napoli's three man central defence and effectively six man midfield when Lavezzi and Hamsik dropped back.

We should have called Napoli's bluff and played a counter attacking game ourselves, we didn't have to take the game to them and expose our defence by pushing too many bodies forward. They had to win, they had to eventually take the game to us and we just needed to be patient and we just took the wrong approach and wrong tactics into the game.

Anyway fuck it - We're top of the league scoring goals for fun, we twatted the Rag Scum for 6 at the Swamp and we twatted Twitchy Harry for 5 at White Hart Lane. FORZA MANCINI.

Exactly this,they played 3 at the back that left the door open for us to attack wide and we played more narrow than i have seen us play for a long time,got it wrong last night for what reason i dont know maybe players with knocks ,but we gave tham to much respect we should of focusedd on what we do well and not what we need to do to stop them.

Still can't get my head round his team selection last night...

Might work in the prem against the lesser sides but play the strongest 11 in the CL .

BillyShears said:
Damocles said:
BillyShears said:
It's on Mancini tonight. Made so many bad decisions both in team selection and substitutions that it's not even funny. Hugely disappointed not because we're going to go out of the CL, but because we/he didn't have the nous to beat an average football team over 180 minutes.

My personal hatred is the full back rotation. What the fuck on God's earth Kolarov and Zabaleta were doing on that pitch ahead of Micah and Gael is beyond me. Neither of a the former two have at any point this season shown anywhere near the quality the latter two have.

The ignominy of ending up playing Europa league football for the rest of the season will hopefully be the kind of bitter tonic Mancini needs to look back at his own decisions in this CL campaign and just how badly they've cost us...

Ah well...onwards and upwards.

I think your right, I can only presume Mancinis priority is Sunday.
As on another thread a Napoli supporter has said the CL has been the priority to the detriment of their league performances.

I've been watching the game last night in Amsterdam. Even the red lights hidden behind the lazy fog didn't manage to brighten evening up... in the pub there was a guy seating beside me and he comes from Napoli and another one behind me, with his girlfriend, from Scotland - City fan. an interesting mixture of everything, some might say. considering the fact that I come from Slovenia - yes, there goes the question: has the referee done his job ok? My opinion - he did well, not much talkíng even on the forum about him/them. What I would like to say is: quite an international layer of players last night (not to mention two from ex-yu...). And, yes, it is an international league. And we have to prove our quality in CL as well. This year, instantly! Beating Bayern next time and reallisticly awaiting the result from Villareal (they will win one game) gives us a lot of hope even for the CL. Remember, mates, it's the club from The Manchester we are talking about! We'll celebrate to Ian Curtis' tunes later on in the competition. Not yet, not now...

Dax777 said:
MCFC BOB,

I'll have to disagree with you a bit. Yes I too agree City looked unlucky to not get a point. But an analysis that focuses on possession alone, will poorly explain what transpired last nite.

Napoli is a counterattacking team, thus they are built to play against bigger more talented teams. They might flounder against lower teams (as the case seems t be in the Serie A) specifically because they are not built to keep possession constantly. And hus when they face inferior teams who themselves intend to sitback, they run into a dilemma. But when they play talented teams that throw players forward in droves, Napoli is actually at its best. Coz they have a host of players who defend staunchly, and an attacking 3 who are cohesive, rapid and well drilled at exploiting space.

As dominant as City were on the ball, they only had 3 point blank chances. The goal, the save on Balotelli, and Balotelli's missed header. Napoli on the other hand had 5. They carved us up on the counter. Yes, those counters were few (6 or 7) but they were deadly, and they should have scored 4 goals if not for the brilliance of Hart, and the luck of the upright.

True we dominated the final 20 minutes of the game (possession wise), but they defended beautifully. Dealt with every cross well, and fought every ball up the middle,and were generally aggressive in their tackles. Perhaps we deserved a draw. And by the way I thought we Played fantastically for most of the game, it just so happens that so did the opposition.

Ratings:
Hart:8.
Zabaletta: 5.5
Kompany: 6
Lescott:6
Kolarov: 5.5
De Jong:5
Yaya: 7
Sliva: 6.5
Milner:6
Balotelli:7
Dxeko:5
Nasri:6.5
Aguero: 6.5
A.J:5
Actually, last season, Napoli won against little teams and had bad times with the bigger ones. Our way to play is not a simple counter attack, and the reason why we're losing with inferior teams in Serie A is simply cos we can't be perfect in Italy and in Europe. Withouth CL, in Serie A we'd be higher. You can keep on calling counter attack to pretend your way to play is superior, that's just your point of view. The fact is that what really means is what you do with the ball meanwhile you have it rather then the time you have it. You can spend time passing it meaningless, or you can quickly going to the other side of the field trying to score.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.