NASA Press conference.

Anything they do beyond finding a way off our planet, i.e. close to home, is a waste of time and money. The fact that there is anything out there far far away is no use to anyone. All that brain power completely ignoring real threats to our kids and grandkids. They should be ashamed of themselves.

You are probably right.

We just have to face facts that no matter how many hospitable worlds we may find we will never actually be capable of applying the effort needed to get there until it is far too late. We know this because we have a perfectly fine planet here but we are slowly destroying it ourselves and we know we are.

We could spend tons of resources figuring out how to get to these planets and we could do it but so far we would rather focus on blowing each other up.

I think we know deep down that us humans will one day become just as extinct as the other 99% of life that has ever lived on Earth. The sun already guarantees that life will one day end here.

You are probably right.

We just have to face facts that no matter how many hospitable worlds we may find we will never actually be capable of applying the effort needed to get there until it is far too late. We know this because we have a perfectly fine planet here but we are slowly destroying it ourselves and we know we are.

We could spend tons of resources figuring out how to get to these planets and we could do it but so far we would rather focus on blowing each other up.

I think we know deep down that us humans will one day become just as extinct as the other 99% of life that has ever lived on Earth. The sun already guarantees that life will one day end here.
If you have a good gas burner who needs the sun. Solar power me ass.

Just because one believes God created the universe doesn't mean you reject evolution. Ever read Pierre Teilhard de Chardin?

I really don't think this is America's biggest problem, and you somehow dogmatizing that "42% of Americans believe this nonsense" doesn't mean that as such the nation conforms to your bumpkin specifications. What's the percentage in the U.K.? I bet it ain't much lower. Only two states even mandate that it's okay to teach creationism as an alternative theory publicly (LA and TN) and the percentage of those educated publicly overwhelms those educated privately.

What'sthe percentage in the U.K.? I bet itain't much lower.

You're wrong here. Sure, we have a chunk but only from the evangelical haters and orthodox Muslims.

We will have a bigger chunk who don't know what it actually is though.

I blame the parents. :)

You are probably right.

If your attitude was prevalent in the human race we would have chucked it at the wheel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.