Nasri Appeal (merged).

Re: Appeal or not? SN.

Marvin said:
The MEN is suggesting City will appeal, but I haven't seen any confirmation.

I'd like to see City contest it. Nasri was silly, but it's not violent conduct, and how can Bassong get a yellow and Nasri a red when you take the challenge and confrontation into account.

On the OS now,City havn`t decided yet according to Mancini.

It seems that City are particularly upset at the different treatment of Nasri and Bassong. Unfortunately that's not good grounds for an appeal.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Marvin said:

I'd like to see City contest it. Nasri was silly, but it's not violent conduct, and how can Bassong get a yellow and Nasri a red when you take the challenge and confrontation into account.

City have to appeal on the grounds that Van Persie reacted identically and received a yellow. Double standards are currently high on the agenda.
Totally different. Van Persie gets up to confront Williams but at no point does he headbutt or do the headbutting motion. Nasri did the same as van Persie by getting up to confront Bassong, but he then did the headbutting motion and that is a straight red. He was stupid to do that.

Pigeonho said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Marvin said:

City have to appeal on the grounds that Van Persie reacted identically and received a yellow. Double standards are currently high on the agenda.
Totally different. Van Persie gets up to confront Williams but at no point does he headbutt or do the headbutting motion. Nasri did the same as van Persie by getting up to confront Bassong, but he then did the headbutting motion and that is a straight red. He was stupid to do that.

Funny thing is, had that been an opposition player squaring up to one of our players like that after a strong challenge, we'd be screaming for a ban. We wouldn't be football supporters I suppose if we didn't have double standards !

At the time I was convinced we should appeal, but now I think we should leave it.

Don't get me wrong, it was a poor and unfair decision and an overreaction, but there is enough there for them to dismiss any appeal and maybe even add on another game.

Take the three game ban and move on I reckon. Which is disappointing as we have been most effective recently with Samir on the field.

BillyShears said:
Pigeonho said:
Hamann Pineapple said:

Funny thing is, had that been an opposition player squaring up to one of our players like that after a strong challenge, we'd be screaming for a ban. We wouldn't be football supporters I suppose if we didn't have double standards !
Exactly, same with Kompany too. Too many blue specs on here at times. Had that been a challenge like Kompany's on one of our players leading to a goal, this place I think would literally melt down with yells of an agenda.

Think Mancini thinking the same thing fuck it off cause we will get nothing from the rag fa.

Shooter 83 said:
Think Mancini thinking the same thing fuck it off cause we will get nothing from the rag fa.

But I thought Agent Bernstein was our saviour ?<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:14 pm --<br /><br />
Shooter 83 said:

But I thought Agent Bernstein was our saviour ?

SalfordCityBlue said:
At the time I was convinced we should appeal, but now I think we should leave it.

Don't get me wrong, it was a poor and unfair decision and an overreaction, but there is enough there for them to dismiss any appeal and maybe even add on another game.

Take the three game ban and move on I reckon. Which is disappointing as we have been most effective recently with Samir on the field.

same here.
I originally thought Nasri must have said something to the ref because both players seem to be doing the same thing.
Only a slo-mo the day after showing Nasri's half hearted butt changed my mind. And i'm presuming that's what the linesman saw.
I think an appeal will be futile.

Pigeonho said:
this place I think would literally melt down with yells of an agenda.

This is place is constantly dialled up to 10 when it comes to screams of an agenda ... ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.