Nasri Appeal (merged).

sir baconface said:
M18CTID said:
sir baconface said:
Sorry mate; that 's a big if. It doesn't give a player licence to gamble his team's chances of victory against the expectation of consistent refereeing. All the comments on here about reffing quality and double standards suggest the odds were against him.

He's lucky we won without him. If we'd gone 10 points behind because of some petty act of petulance, Nasri would have been massacred on here and called every bastard under the sun. Just as he was after the derby.

Opinion on here flips by the week.

I understand what you're saying but by the same logic, and taking your valid point about inconsistent refereeing, it could be argued that Kompany gambled equally as much when winning that tackle on Bradley Johnson in the lead-up to our second goal - you don't need me to remind you that a similar tackle in last season's FA Cup tie derby saw him red carded. It could be argued that by having seen red in the past for such a tackle, Vinnie should know better than Nasri.

I bet the reaction in here would've been different if he'd been sent off instead of Nasri.

You are absolutely right about the likely reaction. However, there is a huge difference in my book between a hard, well-meant tackle and a silly bit of petulance, even if both are risky. Look at the motivation too: one is for the team, one is purely "me, me".

I would also argue that Vinnie has earned a far bigger stock of brownie points than Nasri. Therefore if he does make an error people will be more tolerant.
Vinny or any player nasri included will never be judged bad by me for getting stuck in with tackles and trying to win the ball back for our team. Blatant 2 footed tackles are the exception as you know the probable outcome before you attempt the tackle, and why use 2 legs it is a chicken shit tactic and can be very dangerous both Vinnie's tackles talked about were NOT 2 footed.

any sort of retaliation in the modern game wether it be handbags or not puts your future participation in the game into the referee's hand and as again as we are all aware refs are either bent, fucking incompetent or both so why give them this chance to shaft us???? we all know nasri was never going to twat bassong so why play like that he is a shit house and want him gone end off.

Okay l might be a little bit missed and sad for posting on at this time.....saying that it's a new year now so why wait. Any how I've been really pleased with Sammy's form recently and it's sad to lose him over the next few weeks. One thing I think that maybe city are ready to sacrifice samir for the better good of city's duel with the fa.

Or maybe, just maybe I've had one to many rums.....

Petetheblu said:
Okay l might be a little bit missed and sad for posting on at this time.....saying that it's a new year now so why wait. Any how I've been really pleased with Sammy's form recently and it's sad to lose him over the next few weeks. One thing I think that maybe city are ready to sacrifice samir for the better good of city's duel with the fa.

Or maybe, just maybe I've had one to many rums.....
I have had some of my most inspired ideas whilst on rum, so don't knock it.

On that basis I hope your suggestion about Nasri being a sacrificial lamb in our wider war with the FA is true. You have to assume that the club will play the perfect game, given the shitty hand that united's established presence continually presents.

Lucky13 said:
So his red card stops him playing against his former employers, our Club should fine him.

Nasri missing the Arsenal game isn't necessarily a negative, given his abject performances against them in the past.

Personally, I can see the logic in taking the ban. He wouldn't have won his appeal, better to see out Stoke (when Yaya is still here), Watford (when hopefully he won't be needed), and Arsenal (where he's never performed for us). Obviously the latter two were inevitable if the ban was enforced, but better to have him back for Fulham than later on.

sir baconface said:
M18CTID said:
Some of our fans have been too harsh on Nasri here because if the officials had any modicum of commonsense he'd have been looking at a yellow card tops.

Sorry mate; that 's a big if. It doesn't give a player licence to gamble his team's chances of victory against the expectation of consistent refereeing. All the comments on here about reffing quality and double standards suggest the odds were against him.
If he's a gambler, he's a pretty good one: first red card in close to 400 official games. He knows quite well where the line between yellow and red is.

Samir Nasri Official ‏@SamNasri19- Im disappointed in myself for reacting the way i did i shouldn't have reacted but my team mates showed great spirit and i was very proud

Ric said:
Lucky13 said:
So his red card stops him playing against his former employers, our Club should fine him.

Nasri missing the Arsenal game isn't necessarily a negative, given his abject performances against them in the past.

Personally, I can see the logic in taking the ban. He wouldn't have won his appeal, better to see out Stoke (when Yaya is still here), Watford (when hopefully he won't be needed), and Arsenal (where he's never performed for us). Obviously the latter two were inevitable if the ban was enforced, but better to have him back for Fulham than later on.

think thats the logic that's been applied, have him fit and fresh once ya ya has a month at the acon

Ric said:
Lucky13 said:

In a nutshell.
No point wasting time and effort on an appeal that stands about as much chance of success as getting an LBW decision off an Indian umpire.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.