Nasri Appeal (merged).

M18CTID said:
sir baconface said:
M18CTID said:
Some of our fans have been too harsh on Nasri here because if the officials had any modicum of commonsense he'd have been looking at a yellow card tops.

Sorry mate; that 's a big if. It doesn't give a player licence to gamble his team's chances of victory against the expectation of consistent refereeing. All the comments on here about reffing quality and double standards suggest the odds were against him.

He's lucky we won without him. If we'd gone 10 points behind because of some petty act of petulance, Nasri would have been massacred on here and called every bastard under the sun. Just as he was after the derby.

Opinion on here flips by the week.

I understand what you're saying but by the same logic, and taking your valid point about inconsistent refereeing, it could be argued that Kompany gambled equally as much when winning that tackle on Bradley Johnson in the lead-up to our second goal - you don't need me to remind you that a similar tackle in last season's FA Cup tie derby saw him red carded. It could be argued that by having seen red in the past for such a tackle, Vinnie should know better than Nasri.

I bet the reaction in here would've been different if he'd been sent off instead of Nasri.

You are absolutely right about the likely reaction. However, there is a huge difference in my book between a hard, well-meant tackle and a silly bit of petulance, even if both are risky. Look at the motivation too: one is for the team, one is purely "me, me".

I would also argue that Vinnie has earned a far bigger stock of brownie points than Nasri. Therefore if he does make an error people will be more tolerant.

sir baconface said:
M18CTID said:
sir baconface said:
Sorry mate; that 's a big if. It doesn't give a player licence to gamble his team's chances of victory against the expectation of consistent refereeing. All the comments on here about reffing quality and double standards suggest the odds were against him.

He's lucky we won without him. If we'd gone 10 points behind because of some petty act of petulance, Nasri would have been massacred on here and called every bastard under the sun. Just as he was after the derby.

Opinion on here flips by the week.

I understand what you're saying but by the same logic, and taking your valid point about inconsistent refereeing, it could be argued that Kompany gambled equally as much when winning that tackle on Bradley Johnson in the lead-up to our second goal - you don't need me to remind you that a similar tackle in last season's FA Cup tie derby saw him red carded. It could be argued that by having seen red in the past for such a tackle, Vinnie should know better than Nasri.

I bet the reaction in here would've been different if he'd been sent off instead of Nasri.

You are absolutely right about the likely reaction. However, there is a huge difference in my book between a hard, well-meant tackle and a silly bit of petulance, even if both are risky. Look at the motivation too: one is for the team, one is purely "me, me".

I would also argue that Vinnie has earned a far bigger stock of brownie points than Nasri. Therefore if he does make an error people will be more tolerant.

I see what you're saying - Vinnie is deservedly a legend at this club now whereas Nasri is a long way from that status.

My point really is that I thought it was a harsh dismissal - as was Vinnie's last season, and Barry's recent ban - and therefore we should be cutting Nasri a bit more slack.

M18CTID said:
sir baconface said:
M18CTID said:

I see what you're saying - Vinnie is deservedly a legend at this club now whereas Nasri is a long way from that status.

My point really is that I thought it was a harsh dismissal - as was Vinnie's last season, and Barry's recent ban - and therefore we should be cutting Nasri a bit more slack.

It was harsh and I can see where you are coming from. Happy New Year to you, M18. :-)

sir baconface said:
M18CTID said:
sir baconface said:

It was harsh and I can see where you are coming from. Happy New Year to you, M18. :-)

Same to you mate, and let's hope 2013 is the year that Sir Baconface calls it a day ;)

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Samir Nasri Official ‏@SamNasri19

Im disappointed in myself for reacting the way i did i shouldn't have reacted but my team mates showed great spirit and i was very proud
I'm pleased he spelled disappointed correctly.

I was disappointed with his failure to use the correct case on numerous occasions, and lack of punctuation. The club should make that his next lesson, after Headbutting 101.

Ric said:

I was disappointed with his failure to use the correct case on numerous occasions, and lack of punctuation. The club should make that his next lesson, after Headbutting 101.
His lack of punctuation seemed strangely familiar. Does he post on here?

His rack of grammatical and punctuational disiprin red to his red card.

kim-jong-il-team-america-wide.jpg

Ric said:

His lack of punctuation seemed strangely familiar. Does he post on here?

If he does, I'm sure you'll have earmarked him as not being a bona fide Blue!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.