Nasri or milner?

When Nasri was getting some stick on here a few months back, I predicted he would go on to score some important goals in major games towards the end of the season. Still think this will be the case, though as someone has said, Milner was superb 'doubling up' on the full back and creating the extra man in the 6-1. Tough call, but would start with Nasri. We need to win and can always bring Milner on to solidify things later

Kippaxgirl said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
Neither in my opinion.

Bring De Jong in and play Yaya further up the pitch.

Agree totally. Yes I know Nasri scored at Wolves, but all he seems to know how to do is dither and then pass backwards towards the halfway line which totally slows down or stops a fast break opportunity. Normally this occurs with Teves and Sergio waiting in the middle for a quick pass.

I have come to the conclusion that Nasri has quick feet but a slow footballing brain. Either that or he lacks lots of confidence. But whatever the reason, I agree his build up play is far too slow and damages our attacking threat quite often.

Flying in a Blue Dream said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
Neither in my opinion.

Bring De Jong in and play Yaya further up the pitch.

Yes, this.

The past two games have shown this to be effective.

Barry and De Jong: mid, Yaya pushed up attacking mid with Tevez, Kun and either Nasri or Silva--one or the other.

If we don't do this against the scum we don't get the result, Silva instead of Nasri

Its a difficult decision but I would put milner in place of either nasri or silva, he would give us defensive cover but also give us something in attack which de jong doesn't give us and as we need to win its is crucial we get players forward. If we go 4-2-4 united will overrun us as they will play 4-5-1. wolves, sunderland and norwich started to dominate us until we get an mid on e.g yaya against norwich, pizarro for sunderland and de jong against wolves.

I just dont think we can play what is basically 4-2-4 against United. Its worked well as a counter attacking system against weaker teams but this will be a different game. They'll pack the midfield try to dominate possession through Scholes.

Pick any two from Barry, NDJ and Milner and push Yaya forward instead of Nasri.

cibaman said:
I just dont think we can play what is basically 4-2-4 against United. Its worked well as a counter attacking system against weaker teams but this will be a different game. They'll pack the midfield try to dominate possession through Scholes.

Pick any two from Barry, NDJ and Milner and push Yaya forward instead of Nasri.
Its more of a 4-2-3-1 with tevez covering scholes and playing in the hole. I think we will be fine as long as nasri/milner and silva track back when united are on the attack to cover their fullbacks. Barry and yaya are more than capable of dealing with the other 2 they play in midfield( I think they will play a 4-5-1) and if they play a 4 man midfield with 2 up top we should be able to dominate the midfield and tear them apart, although it obviously wont be easy.

Must be Nasri and maybe bring Milner on late in the game if we need more energy.

Remember we have to win the game and that can only happen if we play positive from the start.Nasri may possess that brief moment of magic whereas Milner is only a worker ( as in bees ).

Start with Barry and NDJ holding and Yaya pushing forward.Then its three out of Silva Nasri Tevez and Aguero.Balotelli and Dzeko may play a part as subs.

We need to keep the ball for long periods if we are going to win. Therefore nasri as his best asset at the moment is his ability to protect the ball especially in tight areas.

That said, they will probably try and play us on the counter attack with pace out wide. If this is the case we need Milner to help Richards track Evra.

Glad its not my decision. Maybe keep Nasri as he is hitting form and as we have seen with other players, getting benched can reduce confidence. Milner on standby though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.