Nasri out for three weeks, apparently.

Didsbury Dave said:
Rammy Blue said:
I'm with Dave on this one, It's a shame about the injury but his performances don't merit him starting anyway, in which case it takes the decision out of Bob's hands.

Merlin is a much better player when Nasri isn't getting in his way.

Nasri has been a major disappointment for me so far in his City career, had the odd good game but considering he was already Prem proven I've seen nothing of his Arsenal consistency here.

Don't think he was that consistant at Arsenal to be honest. Emporer's new clothes.

I don't know if you've noticed (or care!) Rammy, but I've very much come round to your 4-2-3-1 way of thinking. Not least because the development of Yaya in the advanced role has been little short of breathtaking.

Silva looks ready to light the place up to me.

I believe the next month is going to see us back to our best, especially when Micah comes back. I'm actually feeling really positive because I like the look of Garcia, Rodwell and Nastasic. Barry and Aguero are back too.

I agree mate about the 4-2-3-1 although the issue that complicates this somewhat is Carlos returning to fitness, and form.

Assuming that Yaya plays the advanced role in this formation then it means that one of Carlos or Sergio has to occupy a wide position with Silva on the opposite side which is going to leave us exposed when teams attack us as neither are particularly good, or want, to cover back. Great going forward though...

This is why Bob has "trialed" the 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2, as it allows him to play 2 strikers up top.

This wasn't a problem for most of last season as Sergio was numero uno with Dzek and Balo as back up, it's a bit different now.

It will be very interesting to see what Bob goes with on Sunday as it's a huge game, we need to lay a marker down now and show what we've got.

Didsbury Dave said:
He's looked good to me in every game this season bar the first one. Liverpool away he transformed us. At Real he started to really scare them with his touches and flicks. And Mancini is using him sparingly, I assume and hope, to get his batteries full.

Also, Nasri's absence will help him as we will play more one touch and with more attacking/breaking speed. Nasri slows us down like Robinho did. Silva speeds us up with penetrative passing and first touch flicks.

He's only looked good to me in glimpses here and there but no where near what we know he can do. Hope you are right as I do think its overdue and also not many better sights than a Silva threaded ball through to put someone one on one

Rammy Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Rammy Blue said:
I'm with Dave on this one, It's a shame about the injury but his performances don't merit him starting anyway, in which case it takes the decision out of Bob's hands.

Merlin is a much better player when Nasri isn't getting in his way.

Nasri has been a major disappointment for me so far in his City career, had the odd good game but considering he was already Prem proven I've seen nothing of his Arsenal consistency here.

Don't think he was that consistant at Arsenal to be honest. Emporer's new clothes.

I don't know if you've noticed (or care!) Rammy, but I've very much come round to your 4-2-3-1 way of thinking. Not least because the development of Yaya in the advanced role has been little short of breathtaking.

Silva looks ready to light the place up to me.

I believe the next month is going to see us back to our best, especially when Micah comes back. I'm actually feeling really positive because I like the look of Garcia, Rodwell and Nastasic. Barry and Aguero are back too.

I agree mate about the 4-2-3-1 although the issue that complicates this somewhat is Carlos returning to fitness, and form.

Assuming that Yaya plays the advanced role in this formation then it means that one of Carlos or Sergio has to occupy a wide position with Silva on the opposite side which is going to leave us exposed when teams attack us as neither are particularly good, or want, to cover back. Great going forward though...

This is why Bob has "trialed" the 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2, as it allows him to play 2 strikers up top.

This wasn't a problem for most of last season as Sergio was numero uno with Dzek and Balo as back up, it's a bit different now.

It will be very interesting to see what Bob goes with on Sunday as it's a huge game, we need to lay a marker down now and show what we've got.

That's the thing. Mancini has been continually trying to balance the midfield whilst keeping two up front. He might go back to the 4-2-2-2 and put Ya Ya back deep again whilst incorporating Milner or Sinclair wide.

I just think that Ya Ya has become so good at attacking, and we look vulnerable with him defending because he steps up sometimes and leaves the other holding player exposed, that we have to get him in the hole regardless.

Thing is, the 3-5-2 is the only way to do that and still have two up front.

4-2-3-1 with Tevez wide left, that's what I'd do if Aguero's fit. If he isn't I'd go tevez up front with Balo wide left.

johnmc said:
What gives you the impression that Silva is ready to light up the place? Great player but not done anything for quite a while now.

Although he had little impact in the game, I thought Silva looked a bit sharper the other day against Real. I guess it didn't help as he was usually surrounded by two or three players, was often around 50 yards from the Real goal and only had Tevez in front of him, who was often marked by two or three defenders - both of who were as quick as the Argentine.

As for the game against Arsenal, I would be happier if Yaya started off in a deeper role and dictates our play. I just cannot see anyone in the Arsenal midfield being able to handle him.

My team would be:

Hart

Zabaleta
Kompany
Lescott
Clichy

Milner
Yaya
Garcia
Sinclair

Tevez
Silva

I would have Barry in the team every week. However, he often struggles to produce a performance after a midweek game. He has also just recovered from injury, I would play him from the bench and start with Milner.

If Jenkinson and Mertersacker are playing on Arsenal's right, we should look to try and expose their lack of pace. Hence Sinclair's selection.

I thought Nasri was poor last year but had been picking up quality/consistency this year.

I'd give Kolarov a start further up the pitch, i know he's not everyone's favourite but his crosses/shots will create chaces, play him to his strengths.

I think our issue is that, without the ball, our shape and work rate isn't great when Nasri and Silva play.

I thought Nasri ended last season very well, especially the games against Chelsea and United.

However, he's gone AWOL again, to the extent I was relieved to see him come off the other night.

Silva is back on the simmer, you can just see it. Even again Real, he wanted to keep the ball much more, showed decent aggression, too.

The contract situation is concluded and all adds up to seeing him and City back to their best on Sunday.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I thought Nasri ended last season very well, especially the games against Chelsea and United.

I'm sure it's just me being cynical, but the second he went down on Tuesday, i wondered if he had one eye on Arsenal this weekend.

Obviously a hamstring tear can't be 'faked', but he really doesn't seem to relish playing his former club as you would expect.

On another point, i find it strange the hate he recieves; he played for Arsenal, without issue, until we signed him. Unlike Fabregas who continually had a 'mysetery injury' until Barca got him. Yet the latter is treated with respect.

GStar said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I'm sure it's just me being cynical, but the second he went down on Tuesday, i wondered if he had one eye on Arsenal this weekend.

Obviously a hamstring tear can't be 'faked', but he really doesn't seem to relish playing his former club as you would expect.

On another point, i find it strange the hate he recieves; he played for Arsenal, without issue, until we signed him. Unlike Fabregas who continually had a 'mysetery injury' until Barca got him. Yet the latter is treated with respect.

It's a good point about Nasri's appetite to play his former club, though.

I recall him asking to be subbed in the first-half of our game against them at the Emirates in the cup last year.

Arsenal and United fans are the biggest hypocrites in world football.

Remember when United fans used to sing about Eric Cantona shagging Lee Chapman's wife, Lesley Ash!

He helped Leeds beat them to the league and they fucking loathed him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.