Nasri Transfer Listed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our midfield options look much better with him in there and he should be an ideal Pep player, but tocome back so out of shape isn't good.

I understand the less than 12% body fat portion of this. But 2.9 seconds over 25 meters? That is 11.6 seconds over 100 meters so this is saying that every one of our players should be within 1.84 seconds of the average qualifying time of those going to the Olympic games this year? I am sorry but I just can't believe that. We have some pretty slow players on our team and no way they are running that quickly.

I first read it thinking "Oh dear, Samir" until I thought about the maths too.

So if a footballer can't sprint within 2s of a world record (9.8s) they're transfer-listed? Absolute garbage.

Nasri may well be leaving, but this isn't the reason why.

Sounds like he overheard something or picked up a whisper, didn't have the full facts, but decided to post it anyway. Aah ... the hard work, professionalism and integrity of football journalists.

I understand the less than 12% body fat portion of this. But 2.9 seconds over 25 meters? That is 11.6 seconds over 100 meters so this is saying that every one of our players should be within 1.84 seconds of the average qualifying time of those going to the Olympic games this year? I am sorry but I just can't believe that. We have some pretty slow players on our team and no way they are running that quickly.

I was trying to do the maths yesterday and thought that it was a very quick pace. Also states that it was a "basic sprint test". Wonder what the more detailed ones involve :)

it was said by some football head that henrie would be 120ft past you if he give you the slip...in 4 sec's

I first read it thinking "Oh dear, Samir" until I thought about the maths too.

So if a footballer can't sprint within 2s of a world record (9.8s) they're transfer-listed? Absolute garbage.

Nasri may well be leaving, but this isn't the reason why.

Sounds like he overheard something or picked up a whisper, didn't have the full facts, but decided to post it anyway. Aah ... the hard work, professionalism and integrity of football journalists.

You can't really extrapolate shorter distance times into longer ones. Running 25 meters is much different than running full out for 100. I feel this is closest to the NBA 3/4 court sprint which is equivalent to about 23m where a really good time is under 3.1 seconds. I would say soccer players would generally be a lot faster than NBA players, but still 2.9 sounds pretty fast. This time of 2.9 seconds could be from a running start though and then 2.9 doesn't sound overly impressive.

I think that's the wrong way of looking at it.

From a running start it's an average speed of 27km/h over 25 meters, and i pretty sure a lot of top footballers can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.