Nasri's surprising stats vs Silva

I feel sorry for whatever blues who come to bluemoon thinking they can express there opinions and observations about our club and the same fans of that club express negative responses 90 percent of the time ..it's like we all turn on each other and act like we're not all fans of the same club..many mistreat each other like rags and put each other down and adding unnecessary responses to each others threads ..I know not everyone does this and for the blues who don't do that I thank you ..but is this what we are about? If we are about putting fellow blues down then that's a shame and there's no love or sense of community in bluemoon ..as supporters of manchester city we get a lot of trashtalk and hostility from other supporters around the world the least we can do is have each others back ..sorry for preaching just venting

I know assits are valuables, but the most important factors for attacking players are :

1- goals
2-Assists
3-Key passes
4-Dribbles

There are many attacking midfielders who achieved better numbers than Nasri and Silva.

Firasdo said:
I know assits are valuables, but the most important factors for attacking players are :

1- goals
2-Assists
3-Key passes
4-Dribbles

There are many attacking midfielders who achieved better numbers than Nasri and Silva.
chances created / key passes 2012/13:

Total-Chances-Created-2013.png

clear cut chances / big chances 2012/13

Total-Clear-cut-chances-2013.png

David Silva is the best attacking midfielder in the league and one of the best in the world.

Samir Nasri is not world class but he's also not average.

Firasdo said:

1- goals
2-Assists
3-Key passes
4-Dribbles

Yes, ikr. I wish the club had got Messi, or maybe Baines.

MCFC BOB said:
Anyone who pirouetted and passed sideways every time he touched the ball was guaranteed to have a high pass completion percentage.

Was thinking the exactly the same thing, i remember a couple of seasons ago, Leon Brittain had a better completion rate than Xavi but he only ever passed 5 yards to the side or backwards. Nasri never takes risk with his passes and doesnt look for the killer ball whereas Silva does, often.

Bit like lescott, his completion rate was about 90% too but he only ever passed to Kompany or Clichy lol

I like Nasri and since the day he stood in for Yaya in CM whilst he was away on ACN duty, I saw that we were using him incorrectly. In the two games Nasri played there he was absolutely awesome. Many fans called for him to continue in that role, but once Yaya was back, it was back to the bench for Nasri.

Nasri is the deep lying play-maker we lack. I've never been happy with us using two defensive midfielders and as has been pointed out Barca with Xavi and Milan/Juve with Pirlo have proved that you don't need two defensive midfield brutes to protect your back-line. A deep-lying play-maker and a ball-playing, box to box destroyer and a creative midfielder is what we need to make the most of the talent we have.

The ability to hold on to the ball and to create attacks from that position is more effective than just being able to destroy and pass the ball to someone who can create.

Dribble said:
I like Nasri and since the day he stood in for Yaya in CM whilst he was away on ACN duty, I saw that we were using him incorrectly. In the two games Nasri played there he was absolutely awesome. Many fans called for him to continue in that role, but once Yaya was back, it was back to the bench for Nasri.

Nasri is the deep lying play-maker we lack. I've never been happy with us using two defensive midfielders and as has been pointed out Barca with Xavi and Milan/Juve with Pirlo have proved that you don't need two defensive midfield brutes to protect your back-line. A deep-lying play-maker and a ball-playing, box to box destroyer and a creative midfielder is what we need to make the most of the talent we have.

The ability to hold on to the ball and to create attacks from that position is more effective than just being able to destroy and pass the ball to someone who can create.

Yaya on the left then!

Rorz88 said:
MCFC BOB said:
Anyone who pirouetted and passed sideways every time he touched the ball was guaranteed to have a high pass completion percentage.

Was thinking the exactly the same thing, i remember a couple of seasons ago, Leon Brittain had a better completion rate than Xavi but he only ever passed 5 yards to the side or backwards. Nasri never takes risk with his passes and doesnt look for the killer ball whereas Silva does, often.

Bit like lescott, his completion rate was about 90% too but he only ever passed to Kompany or Clichy lol
In the Premier League Leon Britton has no goals or assists to his name for either the 11/12 or 12/13 seasons.

George Hannah said:
Dribble said:

Yaya on the left then!
So by your reasoning, if we have 3 central midfield players, they should all stand in an orderly queue behind each other? I'll make it simple for you then seeing as your minds eye seems to have cataracts.

Home:

Richards----Kompany---Nastasic-------Clichy------------
------------------------------Nasri-------------------------------------
---------Fernadinho-------------------Silva----------------------
Navas--------------------Sergio-------------------Jovetic-------

Away:

Richards----Kompany---Nastasic-------Clichy------------
------------------------------Yaya------------------------------------
---------Fernadinho-------------------Silva----------------------
Navas--------------------Sergio-------------------Jovetic-------

Simple enough for you? :-)

Dribble said:

I agree that Nasri is superb in that CM role. Problem is that he cannot defend. In the premierleague, CM's have to be capable of defending.

It would be possible to plays Nasri as a CM if we were playing the 4-3-3, but we're not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.