Nasri's surprising stats vs Silva

Saif1994 said:
MCFC BOB said:
I've already made my point from a footballing perspective.

-- 10 Aug 2013, 09:59 --

bluealf said:
So did you or did you not post songs on here from what ever band you were in at the time ?

That is the bit you didn't answer and really the whole point of the argument, about you getting your knickers in a twist over a guy posting city vids on a city site but you did indeed post your own band songs, absolutely no difference is there.

Must be the reason you got bored.
I did post my own music here. But again you've chosen to ignore my perfectly understandable explanation as to why I think this situation is different.

Seriously. Man. Go. Away. I don't care about your band music or whatever that is making you paranoid. Just leave this thread. You aren't making ANY meaningful contribution.
I know you don't care about my band, that's why I'm not talking to you about it.

MCFC BOB said:
Saif1994 said:
MCFC BOB said:
I've already made my point from a footballing perspective.

-- 10 Aug 2013, 09:59 --

I did post my own music here. But again you've chosen to ignore my perfectly understandable explanation as to why I think this situation is different.

Seriously. Man. Go. Away. I don't care about your band music or whatever that is making you paranoid. Just leave this thread. You aren't making ANY meaningful contribution.
I know you don't care about my band, that's why I'm not talking to you about it.

What is your problem?

Saif1994 said:
Hello everyone,

Some of the statistics from last season were quite surprising to me. In particular, these pass completion stats from the premier league:

David Silva Pass Completion was 85.4%

Samir Nasri Pass Completion was 90.8%

Now, it must be pointed out that Silva made about 12 more passes per game, however it also shows just how valuable Nasri is to our team. We were very quick to write Nasri off, even though he is still 26 years old, simply to make way for Isco. (By the way, I've seen Isco play for Real Madrid and he's a quality player offensively in terms of creativity, dribbling and passing, but he simply does not provide enough defensively and can lose the ball quite easily. He's only 20 so its understandable.)

It could also have something to do with Nasri's more cautious approach. This is of course a good thing as Silva is the man to take risks and try out difficult passes and dribbles whereas Nasri will be relied on to hold up the ball and pass the ball around safely. Every team needs this balance just like with Iniesta & Xavi, Schweinsteigger & Kroos etc.

Nasri also provided 7 assists and scored a couple of important goals. Silva did 1 better in terms of assists, and scored 2 more goals. Arguably both of them had rather poor seasons and we can only hope they will improve this year under a new system and style.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41XBcSn4Rfs[/youtube]

Either way, I'm just making a point that we are undervaluing Nasri even though his stats were very much comparable to Silva's. Just as we were undervaluing Dzeko (not anymore I think). I'm not sure where this player preference or rejection stems from but I think everyone is susceptible to doing this. Perhaps its because of the media or that we are taking a player's reputation or achievements with the national team into account. Both players can improve next season, but they are a lot closer in terms of ability than many people think. The burden on these two players is especially higher now that Tevez has left although we add a new dimension with Navas and Jovetic.

Not read the whole thread, but if passing backwards less than 2 yards means its a complete pass then if you want to believe those stats fine. He's a mardarse and doesn't give a shit about the club or the fans. Get him out.

Saif1994 said:
MCFC BOB said:
Saif1994 said:

What is your problem?
Have you not ready any of my posts in this thread?

Franny Lee's Barrel Chest said:
Saif1994 said:
Hello everyone,

Some of the statistics from last season were quite surprising to me. In particular, these pass completion stats from the premier league:

David Silva Pass Completion was 85.4%

Samir Nasri Pass Completion was 90.8%

Now, it must be pointed out that Silva made about 12 more passes per game, however it also shows just how valuable Nasri is to our team. We were very quick to write Nasri off, even though he is still 26 years old, simply to make way for Isco. (By the way, I've seen Isco play for Real Madrid and he's a quality player offensively in terms of creativity, dribbling and passing, but he simply does not provide enough defensively and can lose the ball quite easily. He's only 20 so its understandable.)

It could also have something to do with Nasri's more cautious approach. This is of course a good thing as Silva is the man to take risks and try out difficult passes and dribbles whereas Nasri will be relied on to hold up the ball and pass the ball around safely. Every team needs this balance just like with Iniesta & Xavi, Schweinsteigger & Kroos etc.

Nasri also provided 7 assists and scored a couple of important goals. Silva did 1 better in terms of assists, and scored 2 more goals. Arguably both of them had rather poor seasons and we can only hope they will improve this year under a new system and style.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41XBcSn4Rfs[/youtube]

Either way, I'm just making a point that we are undervaluing Nasri even though his stats were very much comparable to Silva's. Just as we were undervaluing Dzeko (not anymore I think). I'm not sure where this player preference or rejection stems from but I think everyone is susceptible to doing this. Perhaps its because of the media or that we are taking a player's reputation or achievements with the national team into account. Both players can improve next season, but they are a lot closer in terms of ability than many people think. The burden on these two players is especially higher now that Tevez has left although we add a new dimension with Navas and Jovetic.

Not read the whole thread, but if passing backwards less than 2 yards means its a complete pass then if you want to believe those stats fine. He's a mardarse and doesn't give a shit about the club or the fans. Get him out.

:/

Well to summarise the whole thread, he had a better pass accuracy than Silva by 5% but he scored 2 less and made 1 less assist. And this goes to show that we are undervaluing him, just like you said about he doesn't care about the club or fans but whenever he scores a goal or helps the team he shows pride and gets really happy. Although its not a real proof of evidence, in CityTV he seems like a genuinely nice person, but I think the criticism and boos and all that is affecting him.

If you ask anyone who goes to Carrington for autographs they will all tell you he is the ONLY one who NEVER stops. Sure, others rarely stop. Mario didn't often stop, but he did. Yaya quite rare, but the rest are all fantastic. And Silva is one of the best. So if Nasri wants to get some fan love, he needs to engage.

MCFC BOB said:
Saif1994 said:
MCFC BOB said:

What is your problem?

I have read most of them, and it seems that you've come up with a theory that these are my videos when I've told you 12938019 times that they aren't, and that I'm not promoting it just like you did to your music band. I'm not sure what you want Sherlock-wannabe but you clearly can't focus on the thread topic.

Some people like the videos I'm posting from that channel when I start a new topic and actually reply with football talk. FFS, I'm not going to stop doing it because of you and a few other people who are angry with me posting City videos here because you believe I am making money from this.<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:21 am --<br /><br />
Franny Lee's Barrel Chest said:
If you ask anyone who goes to Carrington for autographs they will all tell you he is the ONLY one who NEVER stops. Sure, others rarely stop. Mario didn't often stop, but he did. Yaya quite rare, but the rest are all fantastic. And Silva is one of the best. So if Nasri wants to get some fan love, he needs to engage.

I didn't know that he didn't stop. Hmmm. Maybe if we treat with a little bit more support that would help. He's a good player and we shouldn't lose him - unless of course Denis Suarez is capable of stepping in. But he does seem to have an attitude problem occasionally.

Saif1994 said:
MCFC BOB said:
Saif1994 said:
What is your problem?

I have read most of them, and it seems that you've come up with a theory that these are my videos when I've told you 12938019 times that they aren't, and that I'm not promoting it just like you did to your music band. I'm not sure what you want Sherlock-wannabe but you clearly can't focus on the thread topic.

Some people like the videos I'm posting from that channel when I start a new topic and actually reply with football talk. FFS, I'm not going to stop doing it because of you and a few other people who are angry with me posting City videos here because you believe I am making money from this.
I never said I wanted you to stop posting them, don't misquote me.

I didn't say you were making money from this, don't misquote me. I said that YouTube users can earn money from consistently high view counts, not that you were trying to make money from this.

I do believe these are your videos. When someone suggested to you that "The Gliding Ghost" was a stupid name to call Nasri, the title of the video changed immediately and you pretended you had no idea what anyone was talking about.

I will finish with something I actually did say earlier: "It's your word against mine."

EDIT: I've also noticed on the BluemoonHD03 Facebook wall that there's a poll-related question asking people to suggest songs for you to have in the video. I think that's quite funny considering it was posted immediately after somebody criticised the music choice in your videos.

Saif,

From day one he's never stopped. The only time he ever stopped was to confront someone who shouted abuse at him once for never stopping! He stopped and got out and then got the autograph hunter banned.

I appreciate there's loads that get autographs to sell on eBay, but the other players obviously don't mind. Indeed, James Milner, on one occasion, when some woman said "They're selling them on eBay you know" replied "Well they've got a living to earn". So I hardly think that multi millionaire players are too bothered about that.

But there are lots of genuine fans who go, especially in the school holidays when little lads go with their shirts with Nasri on the back and he still doesn't stop.

I could also quote a journalist who says he never wants to give interviews too.

All the City TV stuff you see is stage managed because he has to do it.

He's a shithouse.

nasri and dzeko are city's most underrated players, the boo boys dislike them two and kolarov, although kolarov is actually shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.