Nastasić

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: It's Quiet 10 no apologies! (continued)

sniff said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
BlueCityfan said:
Wonder if this Nastasic is going to be the major CB signing then? The worrying thing is that he hasn't got that much experience. Only 19 and seems to have a lot of potential but is he ready to deliver now?
This - 12m plus player sounds alot for an inexperienced 19 yr old
Risky but wtf do I know?
Have to trust Bob on this one

Make's more sense than Agger... a young player who is regarded very high..

he we already have Lescott, Kompany and Toure.. the young lad will get time to develop..

I think he will surpass Lescott in no time. Top defender even for his age. He is where we wished Savic would be right now.

LoveCity said:
It's 12 million Euros = £9.5million. Savic's value has plummeted in the past year so it's not really an expensive deal.

They only wanted 7mil but we had to bump it up for them to take Savic.

hope this is true as he is a good player,can play left CB and i believe DM too..

I have to say that the stick Savic gets on here is unbelievable, he is a young player learning his trade and will make mistakes..

I think the problem with him is that he is more of a right back, for me he doesnt have the strength to play at centre half especially in the Prem..

If the story is true i wish Savic all the best in Italy, hopefully the fans there will give him a break unlike some of the so called supporters on here..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.football-italia.net/node/16373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.football-italia.net/node/16373</a>

Matija’s moment comforts Corvino
It has been a tough season for Fiorentina, but Matija Nastasic has been a bright spark. Giancarlo Rinaldi writes on a youngster who could save Pantaleo Corvino’s reputation.

For Pantaleo Corvino, and most sporting directors, there is always the regret of the one that got away. In his case, the biggest name he almost brought to Fiorentina was Nemanja Vidic. He thought he had done a deal to snap up the Serbian defender – until Manchester United pinched the player from under his nose.

That was back when he still had his transfer market mojo but, lately, the big man from Apulia has come under fire for some questionable acquisitions. The likes of Santiago Silva, Gianni Munari and Houssine Kharja have tarnished his reputation. But he might just have unearthed another gem – and a natural heir to Vidic.

That, of course, is a big ask of Matija Nastasic, but he has been one of the few bright spots in a bad season at the Stadio Artemio Franchi. He got his debut under countryman Sinisa Mihajlovic before he was shown the door by the club. His former boss was confident he had a big future, and his current manager, Delio Rossi, seems to share that belief.

His first appearance came as a sub for Alessandro Gamberini when the Viola were already two goals to the good at home against Bologna back in September. A few more opportunities from the bench arose before his first full start in Serie A at home to Milan. Alongside Gamberini in the centre of a four man defence, he helped manage to keep a clean sheet against the reigning champions.

The advent of Rossi has seen him playing mostly in the left-sided role along with the experienced Gamberini and Cesare Natali in a 3-5-2 formation. There have been mistakes, as you would expect from a player who doesn't turn 19 until the end of March, but he has looked accomplished and assured. Then he produced a cool finish to get his first Serie A goal on Sunday to seal a win against Cesena.

We have been here before with Fiorentina. Last season Michele Camporese slotted into the defence and earned plaudits for his displays only to slip out of the side. Nastasic, however, hopes he is here to stay. A debut with the full Serbian national side last week would tend to suggest he has the qualities to flourish.

Standing about 6ft 2in tall, he has a calmness on the ball which allows him to distribute it well from the defence. His sense of anticipation is good and he has proved himself a tough opponent for opposition forwards to shrug off. And he seems to have been born with a lot of the street-smarts necessary to survive in Italian football.

His role model, not surprisingly, is his countryman Vidic – although he came through the other side of the Belgrade divide after signing as a 12-year-old with Partizan. He never made it to the first team but after a season on loan to FK Teleoptik, effectively Partizan's reserves, the Viola pounced. Corvino did not want to let another one slip away.

Presenting him at the Florentines’ pre-season camp in Cortina d'Ampezzo, the sporting director was fulsome in his praise. "He has extraordinary potential," he said. "I hope his future with us can be great and that in future we will be proud of signing him."

The signs are strong in that respect. He has settled in well in Italy, getting a particular help from his teammate and Play Station rival Stevan Jovetic ("I beat him, but only just," insisted the magical Montenegrin). His language skills are improving, too, and after his goal with Cesena he was able to give a decent response in Italian to his questions from the club website. "I am very happy with my first goal and I hope it's not the last," he told reporters.

Getting forward to find the net was an added bonus but it was a welcome one for the Viola after watching their main goal threat Jovetic limp off injured. It also confirmed Nastasic as almost certainly the most influential acquisition the club has made for this season. Only Mattia Cassani and Andrea Lazzari could even think of quibbling about that one.

And he is the only figure that Corvino can really point to when looking to defend himself from accusations that he has lost his touch. He can already be proud of signing one of the most impressive young prospects to emerge in Italian football this season. Only time will tell if the boy might yet heel some of the pain he feels over missing out on Vidic six years ago.

Re: It's Quiet 10 no apologies! (continued)

samharris said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
BlueCityfan said:
Wonder if this Nastasic is going to be the major CB signing then? The worrying thing is that he hasn't got that much experience. Only 19 and seems to have a lot of potential but is he ready to deliver now?
This - 12m plus player sounds alot for an inexperienced 19 yr old
Risky but wtf do I know?
Have to trust Bob on this one

Man of the match v us yesterday was 17. :)
Joe Allen's only 17?

Benarbia said:
I'm sure we were all getting excited over Savic like this. Granted never seen him play but 19 doesn't fill with with confidence

I agree. None of the greats were ever 19 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.