Nastasić

Status
Not open for further replies.
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Seriously though..anyone know anything about him?

19 year old serbian with a bit of promise<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:34 pm --<br /><br />
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Seriously though..anyone know anything about him?

19 year old serbian with a bit of promise

he'll be getting on a bit now surely.
ilie-nastase-32-16577.jpg

andrewmswift said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:
According to Wikipedia, he's a City player!

"In August 2012, Matija Nastasic signed for Premier League champions Manchester City for an undisclosed fee on a 5 year deal worth £50,000 per week."

no idea if that's true or not

It must be, its on Wiki..

andrewmswift said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:

"In August 2012, Matija Nastasic signed for Premier League champions Manchester City for an undisclosed fee on a 5 year deal worth £50,000 per week."

any knobhead can edit Wikipedia. even me at that.

Well if Mancini deems him good enough then thats good enough for me!
I just hope he is ready for the prem. I think we need a CB who is better than just a back up, hopefully this guy is good enough to compete with Lescott straight away.
Apparently United and Arsenal have been linked to him before also.

Guess its done then. I removed the paragraph from wiki last night and someone put it back in.

Ragnarok said:
Guess its done then. I removed the paragraph from wiki last night and someone put it back in.

Never done until the OS says so. You've just got some stubborn bastard on Wiki.

Колобок said:
andrewmswift said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:

any knobhead can edit Wikipedia. even me at that.

You certainly fit the criteria...

;-)

Matija Nastasić is among the most promising young defenders in Europe.

He joined Fiorentina from Partizan (1,5 years ago) who didn't give him any first team appearances, so he just played at Second Division-level prior to his move. According to rumours, Partizan only played him in their second team because the agent didn't allow them to. This is probably because of debts they've had to him previously, so what they did, in order to keep their best player, Cléo who took them to Champions League was to sell Nastasić to an agency who then, sold him on to Fiorentina. It's very shady business.

Nastasić is a tremendous player though, so it's not someone who's not good enough for the highest level who's just been put there by his agent. This guy went from the Serbian Second Division to Fiorentina and Serie A-level in 2-3 months after arriving in Italy. There's a good composure on the ball, though he likes to play the short pass more than the long ball. There's also an elegance in his defending which is impressive. Physically, he's good enough in Serie A which says a lot, although he'd definitely bulk up more if joining a Premier League-club. This is someone who stands on his feet and defends, doesn't slide into tackles. Nastasić is good in the aerial game, on both ends. The interesting part is that he actually played as a DM for the Serbian U16's in a tournament in Austria where tons of Italian clubs watched him.

I personally hope he stays at Fiorentina for another year, it'd be the best thing for his development.

Having said that, Bayern are also interested according to Serbian sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.