Nastasic

strongbowholic said:
Tin hat etc...

Is Lescott injured? Pretty sure he could do a decent job for 6 weeks alongside superVin? Or is it just me?

No it's not just you, I wonder sometimes whether the people who call some of our players really mean what they say or just jump on a bandwaggon!! Joleon alongside Vincent Kompany will do a great job. I'm gutted for Nastisic but he will be back in 6 weeks and Joleon will be alright.

andrewmswift said:
bobmcfc said:
andrewmswift said:
I don't know anything but I've not read or heard anything on here or otherwise re: more transfers. Transfer forum been very slow.
I think he's a player we definitely need

I agree, but again there's not been a peep lately

I think with Madrid trying to land bale it's hard to get any negotiation time. Plus we will want a decent deal

It's the perennial problem - hiring someone who is (a) high enough quality to do the job, (b) doesn't mind sitting on the bench week-in week-out. It's especially difficult with CBs because they work best as settled pairs and chopping and changing hurts them. So we hire Pepe and play him and Vinny and end up with Nasty and Lescott on the bench. That's a recipe for losing Nasty before too long and he's really very good indeed - outplayed Vinny a lot of the time this season.

We're talking about living without Nasty for 3 games (Newcastle, Cardiff & Hull) and he should be ready post-internationals. Play Vinny & Lescott, cross your fingers and go to Boyata, Micah and Garcia if we have to. But getting Pepe in to act as back-up is an insult. Getting him in to permanently replace Nasty is wrong-headed and getting him in to rotate goes against the idea of solid pairings. I doubt whether Pepe would outperform Micah/Boyata for a dozen matches anyway.

Pity this. Nasty has been brilliant and a steady performer last season. Esp. for a 19 year old he's been impressive. Hope it's just 4 weeks, but 4 to 6 most of the time ends up 8 to 10 weeks.

Boyata did a very decent job vs Bayern and somehow he feels fine next to Kompany. It's just that a Kompany-injury would led Pellegrini to fix a CD-duo out of Lescott-Boyata-Garcia-Richards. I doubt even being an engineer he's not able to solve that problem. Hence not many CD's around, I'd push hard to try and get Pepe in.

geoffchall said:
It's the perennial problem - hiring someone who is (a) high enough quality to do the job, (b) doesn't mind sitting on the bench week-in week-out. It's especially difficult with CBs because they work best as settled pairs and chopping and changing hurts them. So we hire Pepe and play him and Vinny and end up with Nasty and Lescott on the bench. That's a recipe for losing Nasty before too long and he's really very good indeed - outplayed Vinny a lot of the time this season.

We're talking about living without Nasty for 3 games (Newcastle, Cardiff & Hull) and he should be ready post-internationals. Play Vinny & Lescott, cross your fingers and go to Boyata, Micah and Garcia if we have to. But getting Pepe in to act as back-up is an insult. Getting him in to permanently replace Nasty is wrong-headed and getting him in to rotate goes against the idea of solid pairings. I doubt whether Pepe would outperform Micah/Boyata for a dozen matches anyway.

Just so you know, the premier league can be lost in just 3 games.
We've lost Kolo and he hasn't been replaced.
Putting Garcia at CB is like playing russian roulette.
Lescott is ok
Micah, clumsiest central defender I've ever seen but one of the best right backs
And, Boyata? Is everyone amnesic? This lad who couldn't seize any of the chances he has been given on loan is our messiah, all of a sudden, after just one game?
We need a new central defender despite our apparent overabundance of talent in this position (sniff)
You can afford to gamble, if your aim is to finish mid-table, but since the premier league can be lost even when you're level on points ( and you've cheated your way through as many games as is humanly possible), you have to load your barrels, with plenty of bullets in reserve.

After Boyata's performance against Bayern last week I think he could be a lead contender for the most over rated player we have had at City. Come on guys, were talking about winning the league and progressing in the CL.

I wouldn't be too keen on Lescott being our back up to Vinny and Nasty let alone throwing Boyata into the mixer.

The fact is we needed a new CB before Nasty got injured, now we are desperate for one in my opinion. Injury to Vinny and were goosed.

Six weeks is a very, very long time in football.

geoffchall said:

I thought the news was four - six weeks in which case it will be the end of September before hell be training more like 8 before he's ready to go back to the 1st team. That means he'll miss (Newcastle, Cardiff, Hull, Stoke, United, Villa & probably Everton and West Ham). I'm quite happy for Lescott to play in there with Vinny. We won the bloody League with him in there and had the best defensive record for two seasons on the back of that partnership and with Nastasic. I agree he may not be best suited to CL games so what do we do for Matchday 1 and 2 (17-18 Sep and 1-2 Oct). I'm sure MP will come up with what he believes is a satisfactory solution.
Were likely to be in POt 3 so another tough draw
Be nice if we get:

Benfica
Marseille
Copenhagen

in the draw - however its more likely to be:

Bayern Munchen
Atletico Madrid
Fenerbahce

or some other Group of Death!
I'm confident we'll make it out of the group this year no matter who we get.

Eccles Blue said:
strongbowholic said:
Tin hat etc...

Is Lescott injured? Pretty sure he could do a decent job for 6 weeks alongside superVin? Or is it just me?

No it's not just you, I wonder sometimes whether the people who call some of our players really mean what they say or just jump on a bandwaggon!! Joleon alongside Vincent Kompany will do a great job. I'm gutted for Nastisic but he will be back in 6 weeks and Joleon will be alright.
And what happens if Kompany gets injured?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.