Nastasic

YungJoshiiMcFc said:
With his injury I can't see him getting in the team much this season if we buy a defender or two. Very unfortunate for the lad.
4-6 weeks out but fortunately the season lasts until next May and it's still a fortnight before it starts. I wouldn't like to think of you panicking a bit early there Young Joshii!!

George Hannah said:
YungJoshiiMcFc said:
With his injury I can't see him getting in the team much this season if we buy a defender or two. Very unfortunate for the lad.
4-6 weeks out but fortunately the season lasts until next May and it's still a fortnight before it starts. I wouldn't like to think of you panicking a bit early there Young Joshii!!

richards right back and zabba emergency centre back as he played i in a back three last season plus hes so hard to get past and is tenacious and a good passer and header.

I think Zabba can play anywhere but I'm not sure I'd start him as a centre back.

Temporarily I'd go with Vinny and Lescott as the first choice pairing with Boyata and Micha as cover.

When Nasty's back Vinny (backed up by Boyata) and Nasty (backed up by Lescott).

Zabba and Micha sharing and fighting for RB position knowing that Micha's still available as a centre back if need be.

Having said that, I think we'll end up signing an A list CB knowing that we're staring the season with Nasty out for possibly 6 weeks, more likely 8-10 weeks until he's back and at full match fitness.

jauganaut said:
geoffchall said:
It's the perennial problem - hiring someone who is (a) high enough quality to do the job, (b) doesn't mind sitting on the bench week-in week-out. It's especially difficult with CBs because they work best as settled pairs and chopping and changing hurts them. So we hire Pepe and play him and Vinny and end up with Nasty and Lescott on the bench. That's a recipe for losing Nasty before too long and he's really very good indeed - outplayed Vinny a lot of the time this season.

We're talking about living without Nasty for 3 games (Newcastle, Cardiff & Hull) and he should be ready post-internationals. Play Vinny & Lescott, cross your fingers and go to Boyata, Micah and Garcia if we have to. But getting Pepe in to act as back-up is an insult. Getting him in to permanently replace Nasty is wrong-headed and getting him in to rotate goes against the idea of solid pairings. I doubt whether Pepe would outperform Micah/Boyata for a dozen matches anyway.

Just so you know, the premier league can be lost in just 3 games.
We've lost Kolo and he hasn't been replaced.
Putting Garcia at CB is like playing russian roulette.
Lescott is ok
Micah, clumsiest central defender I've ever seen but one of the best right backs
And, Boyata? Is everyone amnesic? This lad who couldn't seize any of the chances he has been given on loan is our messiah, all of a sudden, after just one game?
We need a new central defender despite our apparent overabundance of talent in this position (sniff)
You can afford to gamble, if your aim is to finish mid-table, but since the premier league can be lost even when you're level on points ( and you've cheated your way through as many games as is humanly possible), you have to load your barrels, with plenty of bullets in reserve.

This.

Also seems people are forgetting we are in the CL. Yes Lescott can do a job in the league, and we can get away with Richards at CH against the bottem of the table, but in the CL they aren't good enough.

Look on the positive side - there's still two weeks before our season starts and a two week international break and all reports say UP to six weeks (might be less) so he might 'only' miss 4 games max. Job's a goodun!

George Hannah said:
YungJoshiiMcFc said:

Ah just a little worried for the lad regarding him getting in the starting eleven when's he back fit.

YungJoshiiMcFc said:
George Hannah said:
YungJoshiiMcFc said:

Ah just a little worried for the lad regarding him getting in the starting eleven when's he back fit.

if we're winning he'll just have to wait his chance, if we're not he'll be back soon enough!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.