Nastasic

aguero93:20 said:
KippaxCitizen said:
blueinsa said:
MDM is a shoe in this season mate as Pellegrini trusts him, knowing he is 100% with the system.

he will only get cup games here and there bar injuries.
Dimichelis is the only centre half of the four who looks like he doesn't understand the system a lot of the time.

He runs back of the other three defenders in the back four on his own or goes diving in ahead of the other three defenders in the back four on his own too much. At times it looks like he's never played for Pellegrini before.
That's the whole point KC, if you're going to play a high line you have to close down any space in front of the back four as quickly as possible, that's what Lescott and Nasty are failing to do.

Closing down space is one thing, diving in is quite another. Surely diving in when you are playing a high line is suicidal because once you get turned and the forward is running in behind the high line while you're on your arse near the half way line it's real trouble.

Lancet Fluke said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Dimichelis is the only centre half of the four who looks like he doesn't understand the system a lot of the time.

He runs back of the other three defenders in the back four on his own or goes diving in ahead of the other three defenders in the back four on his own too much. At times it looks like he's never played for Pellegrini before.
That's the whole point KC, if you're going to play a high line you have to close down any space in front of the back four as quickly as possible, that's what Lescott and Nasty are failing to do.

Closing down space is one thing, diving in is quite another. Surely diving in when you are playing a high line is suicidal because once you get turned and the forward is running in behind the high line while you're on your arse near the half way line it's real trouble.
Never said he was perfect :D

Lancet Fluke said:

Never said he was perfect :D

Fair enough :) I'll admit MDM frustrates me. He showed in that second half at Newcastle that he can defend responsibly and really solidly when he wants to but way too often for my liking he chooses to defend like a lunatic. I do realise that he does bring something to our game that Lescott and Nastasic don't but by and large against decent teams I'd be happier to see one of them in the back four ahead of MDM. I still think MDM would be good in front of the back four, his kamikaze style would be great there with the insurance of the centre backs behind him.

I presume I am not the only one worried about the development of Nastasic. In recent games he is beginning to look a little out of his depth - a bit like Savic which is worrying. Against West Ham he seemed to find himself in the wrong position many times and as a result had to commit silly fouls. I really liked the look of this guy when we signed him but I do worry he will fall between the cracks if he is not careful. I can forgive many things but giving away cheap free kicks which puts the team under pressure is an illustration that you are struggling. Let's hope it is just a blip as he does have potential. Not bad if these sorts of issues are all we have to complain about. It is shaping up to be an unbelievable season, special mention for our away support last night - brilliant as always.

Mr HJ said:
I presume I am not the only one worried about the development of Nastasic. In recent games he is beginning to look a little out of his depth - a bit like Savic which is worrying. Against West Ham he seemed to find himself in the wrong position many times and as a result had to commit silly fouls. I really liked the look of this guy when we signed him but I do worry he will fall between the cracks if he is not careful. I can forgive many things but giving away cheap free kicks which puts the team under pressure is an illustration that you are struggling. Let's hope it is just a blip as he does have potential. Not bad if these sorts of issues are all we have to complain about. It is shaping up to be an unbelievable season, special mention for our away support last night - brilliant as always.
Without rehashing everything on the last couple of pages, he's been out with a couple of injuries and is playing in a new system.

Mr HJ said:
Without rehashing everything on the last couple of pages, he's been out with a couple of injuries and is playing in a new system.
spent too much time consoling his mate Jojo and got infected

Mr HJ said:

I think there is a long way to go before anyone could accuse him of being like Savic was in a City shirt. I think Nastasic and Lescott always look good next to Kompany but both of them can struggle to an extent in matches when he isn't there. I didn't think Nastasic played well last night but considering he's had such a stop start season, I think he's looked ok by and large. For me he's always given away silly and unnecessary freekicks, it's nothing new for him and something I assume he will sort out as he matures.

Mr HJ said:

The narrative script is to say he is 'young' and that he is one for the future. In my view he's going rapidly backwards. He is slow ,he is weak in the tackle,he is poor in the air,he grabs opponents when he gets turned giving away free kicks and oozes low confidence..
At one point Richards looked a world beater alongside VK now you wouldn't put him there.
In the same way Nasty fails to look like a central partner for VK.
I had hoped he lived up to the hype but now something needs to change quickly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.