Nastasic

blueinsa said:
aguero93:20 said:
blueinsa said:
He has regressed without a doubt. Looked so comfortable on the ball when he first played but all of a sudden, he looks uncomfortable?

Possibly needs a long run to regain some lost confidence but at this moment, he just isn't good enough to warrant that.

I'd strengthen the CB spots this summer and look to let the lad get some first team football out on loan as i think he has a bright future.
High line. Even Vinnie took time to adjust.

Possibly mate, possibly.

That said, he is not ready for a long run in the side right now.
He's not had one all season really though with injuries and last night was a bad reflection on him as he's never played well with Lescott, I'd give him everything bar the spuds and chelski games over the next month and try and get him up to form within the system before the run in.

blueinsa said:
High line. Even Vinnie took time to adjust.

Possibly mate, possibly.

He's not had one all season really though with injuries and last night was a bad reflection on him as he's never played well with Lescott, I'd give him everything bar the spuds and chelski games over the next month and try and get him up to form within the system before the run in.

MDM is a shoe in this season mate as Pellegrini trusts him, knowing he is 100% with the system.

he will only get cup games here and there bar injuries.

blueinsa said:
blueinsa said:
Possibly mate, possibly.

MDM is a shoe in this season mate as Pellegrini trusts him, knowing he is 100% with the system.

Don't agree with that, I think that while MDM has shown so far this season that he has the quality and experience to be first choice, he has yet to prove he has the legs for a sustained run of games.<br /><br />-- Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:59 am --<br /><br />
forevermancity said:
Good backup, I feel that we will get a world class young defender in the summer and he will partner Vince
Nasty is as good as it gets at 20 years old, if you're talking about the likes of Mangala, I doubt they'll put him out of the team, this lad is going to improve and improve over the next 12 years and we'd be foolish to give up on him over a few bad games in a new system.

Just to be clear here. I think Nasty is going to be a class CB and he will be a big player for us in the years to come.

He just isn't ready yet.

He's been in and out of the team because of injury and the fact we now have MDM. It's not helping that we're playing a new style but he's a brilliant young player and will hopefully be Kompany's partner for the next 6 or 7 years.

blueinsa said:
Just to be clear here. I think Nasty is going to be a class CB and he will be a big player for us in the years to come.

He just isn't ready yet.
Agreed, the best thing we could do imo is give him as much time on the pitch as possible with MDM/Vinnie outside of the big games, there's an awful lot the two of them have to teach him, it's just a pity he never got the chance to partner Vidic for Serbia, although Subotic isn't bad either.

blueinsa said:
blueinsa said:
Possibly mate, possibly.

Dimichelis is the only centre half of the four who looks like he doesn't understand the system a lot of the time.

He runs back of the other three defenders in the back four on his own or goes diving in ahead of the other three defenders in the back four on his own too much. At times it looks like he's never played for Pellegrini before.

KippaxCitizen said:
blueinsa said:

Dimichelis is the only centre half of the four who looks like he doesn't understand the system a lot of the time.

He runs back of the other three defenders in the back four on his own or goes diving in ahead of the other three defenders in the back four on his own too much. At times it looks like he's never played for Pellegrini before.
That's the whole point KC, if you're going to play a high line you have to close down any space in front of the back four as quickly as possible, that's what Lescott and Nasty are failing to do.

Why are we all still acting like players are suddenly no longer good enough when they hit poor form?
It happens regularly with Dzeko.
It's happened with Kolarov and he's got himself together now besides his occasionaly non-existent back tracking, and we're finally seeing now that Garcia is actually a good player who struggled early on in his career due to injuries, and took a while to settle in. Hart was in a similar boat, and he's as good as ever now.
Trust Pellegrini to sort out Nastsasic's poor form the same way he has for a lot of players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.