Nathan Ake signs new contract until 2027

363803306_845727303583773_4043521727873626903_n.jpg

Great news. I‘ll openly admit i was sceptical when we signed him, i thought he was pretty average and had a poor injury record.

last season was a level i didnt think he could attain. Absolutely world class.

If anyone is doubting Phillips at the moment then take a look at Ake , the prime example of a player who struggled to make his mark and has now become an essential part of our squad , really well deserved for his performances last season and as usual overlooked by the media because of the shirt he wears
Best defensive left back in europe last season hardly anything or anyone got past him ,superb footballer

If anyone is doubting Phillips at the moment then take a look at Ake , the prime example of a player who struggled to make his mark and has now become an essential part of our squad , really well deserved for his performances last season and as usual overlooked by the media because of the shirt he wears
Best defensive left back in europe last season hardly anything or anyone got past him ,superb footballer
Yep Philips will come good.
How many mistakes has pep made in the transfer market.
And well chuffed about ake.
When he signed I couldn't work out why we wanted him.
What do I know

It’s obviously great news Ake has signed and your correct that all players need time.

However, it is not the case every player will improve enough in the second season to be a success. I fear the improvement needed will be beyond Phillips.

I don’t think he’s good enough.

I travel all over the country for work and had a few Clients who where big Bournemouth fans, they raved about Ake (to the point I was unsure but ultimately they where proved correct).

The Leeds fan didn’t say the same about Phillips, whilst being fond of him (think he’s supposed to be a really nice bloke), they felt the step up would be too much.

It is what I have seen as well, been very underwhelmed all bar one game early on, when he came on when we where cruising but his long passes where pin point, he just seemed to be able to ping the ball everywhere.

I think on this one we may have made a rare mistake and potentially we could have promoted from the Academy, but time will tell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.