Nathan Ake signs new contract until 2027

If anyone is doubting Phillips at the moment then take a look at Ake , the prime example of a player who struggled to make his mark and has now become an essential part of our squad , really well deserved for his performances last season and as usual overlooked by the media because of the shirt he wears
Best defensive left back in europe last season hardly anything or anyone got past him ,superb footballer
When he got a game initially it always seemed to be with Mendy, and then Eric Garcia sometimes as well on the other side in a weakened team, and they all looked bad due to it.

Different world now.

It’s obviously great news Ake has signed and your correct that all players need time.

However, it is not the case every player will improve enough in the second season to be a success. I fear the improvement needed will be beyond Phillips.

I don’t think he’s good enough.

I travel all over the country for work and had a few Clients who where big Bournemouth fans, they raved about Ake (to the point I was unsure but ultimately they where proved correct).

The Leeds fan didn’t say the same about Phillips, whilst being fond of him (think he’s supposed to be a really nice bloke), they felt the step up would be too much.

It is what I have seen as well, been very underwhelmed all bar one game early on, when he came on when we where cruising but his long passes where pin point, he just seemed to be able to ping the ball everywhere.

I think on this one we may have made a rare mistake and potentially we could have promoted from the Academy, but time will tell.
Very ,very surprised at the Leeds fans you have met and their opinions , i know a couple of season ticket holders at Elland Rd and they were gutted when he jumped ship ,they even gave him the nickname of the Yorkshire Pirlo and both of them think he is at least on a par with £100m Rice , not forgetting didnt he win England's player of the tournament at the Euro's? So will take the Leeds fans you know and their opinions with a pinch of salt , the lads i know go home and away every game
Time will tell, sincerely hope he makes that jump to play in a world class team , plenty of other players have rammed the doubts down the throats of some of our posters , hope Phillips does the same

Very ,very surprised at the Leeds fans you have met and their opinions , i know a couple of season ticket holders at Elland Rd and they were gutted when he jumped ship ,they even gave him the nickname of the Yorkshire Pirlo and both of them think he is at least on a par with £100m Rice , not forgetting didnt he win England's player of the tournament at the Euro's? So will take the Leeds fans you know and their opinions with a pinch of salt , the lads i know go home and away every game
Time will tell, sincerely hope he makes that jump to play in a world class team , plenty of other players have rammed the doubts down the throats of some of our posters , hope Phillips does the same

Such a game of opinions, but hopefully yours are right as I do hope he pushes on.

If I remember right it was the way he was in the last season at Leeds, mainly injury hit and not that great when he played, think he only played half the games.

I believe he did have a great relationship with Leeds fans but mainly from his time in the Championship.

I felt Rice was the better player dribbling with the ball and without the ball, but Phillips was the better passer and goal threat.

Mainly watching England at the time just felt frustrated Southgate played both, felt we could and should have been more adventurous and just played one.

However, I am fully behind him and hope he does well and can step up and play an important role in the squad.

He needs to be judged on what he brings and when and not compared to Rodri (arguably only being back up striker is as tough job as back up CDM at City).

You’re correct plenty of players have proved posters wrong and many more will.

I began reading a thread about Nathan Ake signing an extended contract with City (nice guy, good reliable footballer, well deserved) and it finished up as a thread about the potential of Phillips?!

I will hold my hands up when he first come I had my doubts, he’s won me over great solid reliable player who’s improved immensely under the boss great news

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.