Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we were until it went over a certain number £60m if I remember correctly? Could be wrong and it could have just been Southampton bumping the price up!

If Ake isn’t intended to partner Laporte then it doesn’t fix our problem of having no partner for Laporte and we’d still need to go into the market for a top quality right-sided centre back?

I know Ake’s left footed but you see plenty of centre back pairings both right footed, so why not the other way round?
It will be an obvious weakness that could be exploited by keeping the left footer on there left foot: thus isolating the right flank.

If we do land Ake, would we still be after Koulibaly as well?

Without a doubt, or ab alternative to him. Pep is obsessed with having a balanced CB pairing in terms of a right and left foot in order to play the ball out from the back easier, it’s why he tried kolarov at centre back before Laporte arrived ahead of many other centre backs. we won’t see Laporte and Ake in the same side unless there’s serious injuries. LCB and RCB Are basically entirely different positions

He doesn't know any of that it's just pure bollocks.
It makes sense mate. The FFP money we allocated for a CB last season wasn't used. We're gonna spend big on one this summer. Hopefully it's Koulibaly, but if we get Carlos or Skriniar, we should all be giggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.