Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gives Pep tactical flexility to play 3 at the back too, Ake - Laporte - Stones/Ota/Walker. Otherwise a bit odd to have two left footed central defenders at those fees

You say that but loads of teams have 2 right footed centre backs and nobody bats an eyelid.

Reactions: kun
That's a lot of money for someone who IMO isn't the standard we require. I might eat my words but £40m+!! I wonder if that includes any add ons?
I'm terms of standard, I think he'll turn out to be a good buy. Price is a touch high in my opinion. Was hoping for 25 + 10 million add on. 41 is just a lot

But we got our man. I'm really excited for what he can do

I don’t really get the criticism of the transfer fee:

- He's 25 and hopefully will have a long career with us.
- Proven premier league experience.
- Dutch international.
- Counts as home grown.
- Versatile, can also play at Left Back.

I think he'll be a great signing.

Last edited:
First off, it’s patently clear we are after an elite right-sided CB to partner Laporte, so we are not signing Ake to specifically play alongside Laporte.

But even if we were, why do people think two left footers can’t play together, yet they never say the same about right footers? The reason you don’t see all left footed partnerships too often is because roughly 80% of footballers are right footed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.