Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe I am reading some of this stuff. He isn't coming to be a 'back up'. It will be rotation and once this lad gets in the side, he will be tough to shift. There will be a lot of humble pie on here when some see him play for us. Great signing, knows the premier league and Pep will take him up to another level.
I was hoping we could swindle Bournemouth and get him on the cheap. That would have been a double win. But getting him at all is a win. Dude is talented

Torres and Ake in one day, wtf is going on?

Whatever Txiki is snorting to do business this swiftly, go on lad!

Very similar type of signing with Van Dijk from Southampton to Liverpool.
Played well in a struggling team and kicked on.
Hopefully same with Ake

I hope he doesn‘t sit on the bench too much. 41M is a hefty price especially in the times of Corona - which is going to make other teams mad again and asking where the hell that money is coming from. Now Koulibaly and maybe a LB and we are fine. But we need to offload players too obv.

I don’t really get the criticism of the transfer fee:

- He's 25 and hopefully will have a long career with us.
- Proven premier league experience.
- Dutch international.
- Counts as home grown.
- Versatile, can also play at Left Back.

I think he'll be a great signing for us.

Agreed, but I would add an important point many are missing:

we are buying positive attitude, character, the kind of mentality we are lacking in certain moments and in certain players.
I think both Ferran and Nathan have it.

If you take away what we got for sane , both Ake and torres have cost us around 20 mill net spend , incredible business.

I don't necessarily disagree with that, I'm purely talking from the perspective of what Napoli are now going to be demanding for a considerably better player.

Not to disrespect Stones considering what he’s won with us, but this guy is twice the defender he is. Stones is passive and almost backs into the goal when facing attackers. Aké just dives right in. A real fighter, very physical and most of all, intelligent.

Filling the homegrown quota plus looking at our needs, he is absolutely perfect for us.
I don’t believe City will buy a left back now. Both Aké and Cancelo can play there, along with first choice Mendy who will face serious competition now.

I don't necessarily disagree with that, I'm purely talking from the perspective of what Napoli are now going to be demanding for a considerably better player.
I'm not sure how this affects that deal really. Top prospects/players at CB are already priced at roughly double Ake's deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.