Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think this is a decent signing....lots of pace, decent tackler - can play centre or left back at a pinch - might be a bit small but not totally crap in the air either ....seems a decent person as well.....Pep has a record of improving players as well and Ake is already an established premiership centre half. He also has leadership qualities having been the captain of Bourmouth and that is something we have been lacking a little.

His pace in the high line will make a difference

Interesting reading from the beginning of this thread:

Just out of interest, how many goals did we concede last season due to lack of height in our defence?

I have said for a few years now, height is no longer a priority for cb at the top level. We will continue to see more mobile , smaller players in this position, because top clubs, do not play with big lumps up front, also as defensive lines get higher, speed is more important.

The mantra, 20 years ago was 3/4 in back four over 6ft, this is not so now.

My biggest concern about Aké when I started hearing rumours last year was lack of height. But reading above and it all makes sense.

Aké would probably lose an aerial duel against Van Dijk at 1.93m but other than that, we should be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.