Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's perfect for us; ideal backup to Laporte, ideal as a LCB in a back three, ideal as a defensive option at LB in certain situations. Very good in possession, a natural leader and seemingly a good bloke. Being homegrown and being at an age we could get decent money back for him in it didn't work out makes it a no brainer for me, if the price is right obviously.

Did you read his post? If you did you've completely misread it.

He's saying there will be plenty of competition for Aké's signature, there'll be an auction, he won't be hugely cheap. Bournemouth won't be strongarmed into selling cheap to save money when 4 or 5 clubs would take him.

Yeah, maybe I have and am sorry if I have done. I still think he won’t be expensive though as clubs won’t have much to spend in general.

Did you read his post? If you did you've completely misread it.

He's saying there will be plenty of competition for Aké's signature, there'll be an auction, he won't be hugely cheap. Bournemouth won't be strongarmed into selling cheap to save money when 4 or 5 clubs would take him.
His maximum price will be £40m as Chelsea have a buy-back at that price. Bournemouth have no negotiating power above that.

His maximum price will be £40m as Chelsea have a buy-back at that price. Bournemouth have no negotiating power above that.

The £40m price is only for Chelsea. If Chelsea don't want him it's irrelevant.

The £40m price is only for Chelsea. If Chelsea don't want him it's irrelevant.
Yes however, IF the fee goes over £40m... Chelsea can swoop in and take the profit over £40m by signing him and then selling him, meaning Bournemouth have no incentive to sell for any more than £40m.

Say City agree a deal with Bournemouth at £50m. Chelsea come in, sign him for £40m and sell to City at £45m. £5m profit for Chelsea, £5m off for City.

Yes however, IF the fee goes over £40m... Chelsea can swoop in and take the profit over £40m by signing him and then selling him, meaning Bournemouth have no incentive to sell for any more than £40m.

Say City agree a deal with Bournemouth at £50m. Chelsea come in, sign him for £40m and sell to City at £45m. £5m profit for Chelsea, £5m off for City.

And how much did that cost City?

Because you just said the maximum price was £40m...

Also that scenario only works if Aké and his entourage agree to it and it's a whole bunch of bother for fuck all unless you pay him most of the £5m you "saved"

Yep. Think it's also worth noting that if Bournemouth do go down they'll be desperate for the money.

Their wages are 85% of their income I'm sure I've read.

We've looped back to the beginning of the debate - Bournemouth will have half a dozen offers so they won't be that desperate.

For £40 or under, Spurs, Arsenal, City, Chelsea and maybe even Everton if they can afford it, would all be interested.

We've looped back to the beginning of the debate - Bournemouth will have half a dozen offers so they won't be that desperate.

For £40 or under, Spurs, Arsenal, City, Chelsea and maybe even Everton if they can afford it, would all be interested.

I think you're massively underestimating the market. Spurs and Arsenal both have been hit hard by the pandemic. Chelsea have money but seem to be investing it in other areas. Also their £40m buyback clause expired in January if I'm not mistaken.

I see this as a £20m-£25m deal at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.