Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mings and Ake are at best very good Championship players but not good enough for PL. Similar to the likes of Dwight Gayle who will score goals in the Championship but rarely at top level. Benteke is another.

Mings and Ake are at best very good Championship players but not good enough for PL. Similar to the likes of Dwight Gayle who will score goals in the Championship but rarely at top level. Benteke is another.

Absolute rubbish. Ake is more than good enough for the Premier League and IMO a top 8 club will buy him this summer. Would be a very good option for us as 3rd / 4th choice.

Absolute rubbish. Ake is more than good enough for the Premier League and IMO a top 8 club will buy him this summer. Would be a very good option for us as 3rd / 4th choice.
That's your opinion, I have another one and even if a top 8 club does buy him it doesn't change my opinion. Wouldn't want him as third or fourth choice. Assuming we buy KK to partner Eric that means Ake would possibly be sixth choice behind Eric (2), Ferny and Stones who I think we will keep unless we receive a stupid bid for him. Oti will probably be sold. In fact I would even play Rodri at CH before Ake so that would make him seventh choice.

Makes perfect sense on paper, plenty of experience in the prem, comfortable with the ball, can play left back and surely won’t be that expensive if Bournemouth go down.

Also the best people to give an opinion on Ake are Bournemouth fans as they watch him week in week out. By far their best player they reckon on here https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/nathan-ake.11901/

Would he be happy playing back up to Mendy and Laporte would be the question though. I reckon both Stones and Otamendi would have to be sold as well.

That's your opinion, I have another one and even if a top 8 club does buy him it doesn't change my opinion. Wouldn't want him as third or fourth choice. Assuming we buy KK to partner Eric that means Ake would possibly be sixth choice behind Eric (2), Ferny and Stones who I think we will keep unless we receive a stupid bid for him. Oti will probably be sold. In fact I would even play Rodri at CH before Ake so that would make him seventh choice.
That made me smile

Even if Bournemouth go down I don’t think Ake is going to be cheap enough for what he would be in the team which is a squad player primarily as backup to Laporte, they’ll be half the league in for him if Bournemouth go down. Can see him at spurs or arsenal where he’ll be first choice.

Even if Bournemouth go down I don’t think Ake is going to be cheap enough for what he would be in the team which is a squad player primarily as backup to Laporte, they’ll be half the league in for him if Bournemouth go down. Can see him at spurs or arsenal where he’ll be first choice.

Bournemouth will have to cut costs dramatically, if they go down. TV revenue makes up a high percentage of their turnover. Their ground is tiny. Unless all their players have wage cuts for relegation in their contracts, they will have to sell a fair few players, meaning lower fees.

Bournemouth will have to cut costs dramatically, if they go down. TV revenue makes up a high percentage of their turnover. Their ground is tiny. Unless all their players have wage cuts for relegation in their contracts, they will have to sell a fair few players, meaning lower fees.

Did you read his post? If you did you've completely misread it.

He's saying there will be plenty of competition for Aké's signature, there'll be an auction, he won't be hugely cheap. Bournemouth won't be strongarmed into selling cheap to save money when 4 or 5 clubs would take him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.