Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
35 million seems a bit much for a club that's about to be relegated, especially in this deflated market. This pretty much confirms that Stones and Otamendi are out the door, unless Garcia is leaving. We should be getting 30m for Stones at any rate.
Relegated clubs aren't panic sellers any more with the huge parachute payments, especially someone like Bournemouth who've been up for years without ever really spending much (other than on Liverpool rejects). Their wage bill won't be problematic, they never committed to being a premier league club financially.

£35m would be a very good price. Assuming we can pawn off Stones for even £15-20m that's a nice upgrade for not much outlay.

I just don't see how people place such a low value on stones.

Last year there was some article saying he had better stats than Laporte in a few categories like aerial duels and such.

I think the stats were influenced by the fact that he had to do more work though cuz Bournemouth aren’t that great.

He might be the best CB on the ball we have if he comes but I want a guy who defends first.

Hope he works out. I’ve come around to the idea that he could be a very shrewd acquisition as a squad player.

could pep convert him into a left back or even one of the three at the back going 3-5-2?

he may be small but he has a decent leap on him from what ive seen and he has got some pace as well.

If you take him as. areplacement for Ottomendi we have then just improved our squad and as 93:20 stated - he aint our main targer for cnetre half so if we do get Koulibaly as well we have serioulsy strengthened our options at the back

Laporte/Ake
Koulibaly/Stones/Garcia

now maybe Stones is on the way out - but maybe its Garcia and the rumours about Barca are true - for me Id sell Garcia and keep Stones - We know Stones can play well enough if he can get his head right and a decent pre season playing next to Laporte or Koulibaly might just settle him
I can’t imagine stones will be wanting to be 4th choice centre back with the World Cup and Euros coming up.

Think it's a great bit of business. Good Laporte cover, can do a job at LB (Would still buy someone else if we keep Mendy) and DM. 2 years on his deal, homegrown and the Man City Tax considered, solid business and does everything Zinchenko did and more but better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.