Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was being quoted for 75m in December. What happened now that he is 35?

If we can get 25-30m for Stones I think its a good exchange.

1. He’s home grown.
2. He’s got everything in his locker bar height.
3. He’s playing in the team least capable of defending and is a star everytime.
4. He can play left back.
5. He’d better than Stones and Otamendi
6. He improves our squad.
7. It’s not your money.

Agree with everything

He has a good leap on him as well whih sort of mitigates the height issue a little -OK he aint a Kompany or Van Dyke in the air but he is decent. Ferna is one of the best we have in the air and he is a bit of a short arse

Decent signing, and think the fee is reasonable. Get Koulibaly and we’re well set with Laporte, Koulibaly, Ake and Garcia as our four centre halves. Would be a big upgrade on Stones and Otamendi.
It feels like we could go from a really weak defence to a really strong one, doesn't it. I've been a great defender of Stones and still am, but being loyal to players who simply aren't performing doesn't win trophies. City do need a bit more of a ruthless streak. The only question now is how good are we going to be at selling? Otamendi we'll have to give away, but based on this Stones should fetch at least 25 million to an Arsenal or an Everton. Maybe even Leeds!

He was being quoted for 75m in December. What happened now that he is 35?

If we can get 25-30m for Stones I think its a good exchange.
Covid, likely relegation and wishful initial thinking from Bournemouth to be fair.

Love the signing, but not ideal timing. If we have to loan stones / Nico we’ll do it. If this comes off first then you can be sure we aren’t fucking around this window.

2 things.

1) he might be under 6ft but he's great in the air.

2) you cannot underestimate how useful having a genuinely rapid CB is to a team that plays a high line.

Is Ake quick? I never much paid attention to his speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.