Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how much did that cost City?

Because you just said the maximum price was £40m...

Also that scenario only works if Aké and his entourage agree to it and it's a whole bunch of bother for fuck all unless you pay him most of the £5m you "saved"
You are not getting it. If that scenario happened, then Bournemouth would still only get £40m so have no incentive to sell for higher.

For £40 or under, Spurs, Arsenal, City, Chelsea and maybe even Everton if they can afford it, would all be interested.
As if Jose is buying a 5'11 centre back.

I really don't get this one. For a team in our position, you buy one of three things:
1. A world class defender who you can build a defence around
2. A young defender you can take a punt on
3. A bargain who can do a job

I don't see how Ake fits into any of these. He's too old to not know whether he's got world class potential, he's too expensive to be a bargain, and he's not good enough to build our defence around. If he really is available on the cheap, then maybe, but I still have concerns about his size and the fact that his club have consistently been one of the worst defences in the league.

As if Jose is buying a 5'11 centre back.

I really don't get this one. For a team in our position, you buy one of three things:
1. A world class defender who you can build a defence around
2. A young defender you can take a punt on
3. A bargain who can do a job

I don't see how Ake fits into any of these. He's too old to not know whether he's got world class potential, he's too expensive to be a bargain, and he's not good enough to build our defence around. If he really is available on the cheap, then maybe, but I still have concerns about his size and the fact that his club have consistently been one of the worst defences in the league.
At 24 Koulibaly was still playing in Belgium.

You are not getting it. If that scenario happened, then Bournemouth would still only get £40m so have no incentive to sell for higher.

Except they do because the chelsea merry go round will never actually happen.

Good luck convincing Ake to fuck over his former club in financial trouble to benefit the club who never gave him a chance.

That's your opinion, I have another one and even if a top 8 club does buy him it doesn't change my opinion. Wouldn't want him as third or fourth choice. Assuming we buy KK to partner Eric that means Ake would possibly be sixth choice behind Eric (2), Ferny and Stones who I think we will keep unless we receive a stupid bid for him. Oti will probably be sold. In fact I would even play Rodri at CH before Ake so that would make him seventh choice.

My opinion based on having watched him a lot over the last few years. If we do buy him I assume you will also think Guardiola’s opinion is wrong too.

Not sure what you think makes him not good enough for the premier league? Ake is quick, reads the game well and is good on the ball. He’s not as tall as a lot of centre backs in the league but he is strong. Just because Bournemouth are going down doesn’t mean Ake is not good enough.

I don’t see us ending up getting him because I don’t think we will be able to pay what Bournemouth will want on top of the fee we will have to pay for a 1st choice CB + I think another decent premier league team will offer him more game time.

fry.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.