Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost Fernandinho most of the season, to centre back, coz pep didn’t trust stones and otamendi, Ake is a welcome addition, Also Fernandinho ain’t tall and he did a great job at cb.

How exactly are the club planning on making space for this if we are in for Koulibaly as well? Otamendi has a year left and is on wages no one else would dream of paying. Stones has years left and is on wages no one else would dream of paying. Those players aren't going to take a pay cut at another club out of the goodness of their hearts. And Ake and Koulibaly won't be on cheap wages either.

Well we have to remember how Stones looked at Everton , Mendy at Monaco, Cancelo at Juventus. (Bony at Swansea lol)
And we have to see how their current season is.

Lot of players cannot adapt, cannot bring their best at a much better team or in a different league, different setup.

Only a few can really improve.

Good point but Stones game was full of errors at Everton... many thought as he matured he’d eradicate them from his game but his level of concentration looks fragile and his errors have got more exposure in our team. Stones needs to step down a level. He can still have a good career in a mid table PL team.

How exactly are the club planning on making space for this if we are in for Koulibaly as well? Otamendi has a year left and is on wages no one else would dream of paying. Stones has years left and is on wages no one else would dream of paying. Those players aren't going to take a pay cut at another club out of the goodness of their hearts. And Ake and Koulibaly won't be on cheap wages either.
Not our problem.

A disaster who played 24 times in a 98 point season?

I'm with you, people are so quick choose to forget. Stones is a top player, has been out injured, needs to find his form, that is all. All our CBs have always had howlers, Kompany and Laporte included. Even 'the best in the world' vvd has them. Pick out stones' ones to suit the narrative.

Stones will be sold, if that's what he and pep want, and i'll welcome it and wish him the best. But I refuse to rewrite the script, call him a flopp and a 15m player we would be lucky to get rid of for f.all.

Same with zinchenko, people arguing he isn't good enough and never was. He was plenty good enough in our 100pt anf quadruple seasons, he was good enough when Raheem wasn't missing sitters, he will be good enough when are fowards are able to convert their chances. Or, he will be sold to make room for someone that may or may not be an upgrade, but it will be for an appropriate value that he has earned for the club, and not for the impatient city fan price.

Welcome to City, Ake (if it happens), bookmark this discussion for a few years from now.

We will have to wait and see how he shapes the rest of the defence before judging this. If as expected he’s Laporte deputy and we go ahead and bring in another right sided CB as a starter and natural left back too then it’s hard to think of anybody better than Ake for that role. He’ll be under no illusions about his role here and after playing every week for Bournemouth im surprised he’s interested in us, he could easily play every week elsewhere in the premier league for a very good side.

We have a free home grown slot after Delph left so this doesn’t necessarily mean the end for Stones either who plays on the opposite side. I’d say this signals the end of Otamendi. It won’t be a trophy winning signing on its own but it’s an important bit of shuffling the pack, managing the squad quota and getting the balance in defence. He’s not overly exciting but I’m happy for us to sign him, hopefully just part of the rebuild, I’m anticipating another 4

We don't have a free homegrown slot, Carson filled it. Might not be here next season, but the only free slot of whatever type is the non-homegrown by sane, and soon bravo and silva.

Stones is better then him
We can’t get Stones on the pitch. When the chips are down and we’re in December and ploughing through games every 3 days has Stones taken any of the burden away? No he’s been injured, I rate Stones I really do but given the situation would you prefer an always fit Ake or a never fit Stones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.