Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree completely, I think this will go on to be a great purchase.

Bournemouth's goals against argument is a poor one. Hull conceded 80 the season before Maguire and Robertson were snapped up and that didn't go too badly for Leicester and Liverpool.

We should be judging players on their own merits.
In my opinion, this would be a decent short/medium term signing but not a “great” one.

He’s better than Stones and Otamendi, but after the last couple of seasons that’s not setting the bar particularly high. He’s also currently better than Garcia & THB, but obviously they both have big potential.

I wouldn’t say no to Ake as a rotation player, but I can’t see him forming a formidable partnership with Laporte and that’s ultimately what we’re looking for.

Not paying the asking price for Van Dijk was (with hindsight, of course) a huge mistake.

In my opinion, this would be a decent short/medium term signing but not a “great” one.

He’s better than Stones and Otamendi, but after the last couple of seasons that’s not setting the bar particularly high. He’s also currently better than Garcia & THB, but obviously they both have big potential.

I wouldn’t say no to Ake as a rotation player, but I can’t see him forming a formidable partnership with Laporte and that’s ultimately what we’re looking for.

Not paying the asking price for Van Dijk was (with hindsight, of course) a huge mistake.

Only time will tell with Ake so I guess we'll see.

With regards to van Dijk, I sort of agree but if we got him then we wouldn't have bought Laporte and so it would still be van Dijk alongside one of Stones, Otamendi or Garcia and we'd still be in this position now.

Were we ever properly in the running for Van Dijk though? I was under the impression we were in the market for one CB at the time and our preference was Laporte, who we bought.

Laporte was the Van Dijk alternative, so it wasn’t any mistake at all. Ake isn’t intended to partner Laporte as they both play on the left.

Were we ever properly in the running for Van Dijk though? I was under the impression we were in the market for one CB at the time and our preference was Laporte, who we bought.

If I remember correctly, it looked like we really wanted him but in the All or Nothing documentary they show that we pretty much got priced out of it. They cut any mention of his name and they've blurred out the list of targets but it's pretty clear they were talking about van Dijk and Liverpool's bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.