Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I have watched him I thought he looked a class act and a major reason for Bournemouth's quality of football from the back. I suspect he will do very well though it will never be enough for many here because he is not a £90m signing from Spain or Italy.

Can't remember many at all, from headers. Most set peices I remember we clear fairly effectively. Would like to see what percentage of goals we conceded were from set peices and how many were breakaways.

We conceded 7 from set pieces.

4 corners, 2 direct free kicks, the other was Shelvey's goal in the 2-2 where they had a free kick, and passed it back to him and he smashed it in from 25 yards.

As soon as someone labels him as a 'back up CB', all your credibility is gone and you clearly know fuck all.

Ake getting criticised before he has even signed but as always we have to trust the management who too be fair get it right more often than not.
Ultimately Peps thrown his teddy re Stones so we are trying somebody different.
I am pretty sure he wont be worse than Stones so as long as we get a fair price for him, then surely it's good business.

£41m seems like a lot of money for a back up, unless there is no intention of him being a back up. We're getting a good deal Torres, so I suppose that balances it out.

We could be planning on a back 3 with Mendy and Cancelo wing backs. Which means we could need another CB or Rodri/Fern could drop in as a 3rd defender whilst Mendy and Cancelo bomb on.

Remember that next season is not a normal season with the very short break between seasons and the congestion from a shortened 20/21 season.

There will be a lot more rotating to avoid injuries and bringing in people who've got a 10 week gap between seasons like Aké and Ferran Torres will be potentially a big help.

Exactly this.
Many midweek matchdays next season, for many teams.
Teams with a strong bench could even benefit from that through rotation without much loss of quality,
and that's us mainly.

£41m seems like a lot of money for a back up, unless there is no intention of him being a back up. We're getting a good deal Torres, so I suppose that balances it out.

We could be planning on a back 3 with Mendy and Cancelo wing backs. Which means we could need another CB or Rodri/Fern could drop in as a 3rd defender whilst Mendy and Cancelo bomb on.
When did you sell walker ?

Ok, this is how it is going to work :

1st choice LCH - Laporte
2nd choice LCH / fight for LB - Ake
1st choice LB / foght for LB - Mendy
1st choice RCH if Garcia stays - Koulibaly
1st choice RCH if Garcia goes - Diego Carlos
2nd choice RCH if Garcia stays - Garcia
1st choice RB - Walker
2nd choice RB - Cancelo or other

Stones, Otamendi & Zinchenko gone (possibly Cancelo as well).

Now back to conewatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.