Nations League

Imo Foden would very very quickly be better than DeJong in the same position. Just better, full stop.

Ake is better defensively than any of our left backs.

And Mephis the Pie is a twat.
Been saying for a while he’ll surprise a few playing as a left back, if Laporte stays fit will play a lot of games there.

Perhaps with Torres signing we might go back to playing with more defensive, narrow fullbacks and our wide forwards providing the width.

Aké could play that role well, rather than trying to provide width from leftback.

I think Aké, Laporte, Koulibaly and Walker would give us a much more solid back line

My main concern would be whether he can maintain the amount of running required, without his defending suffering.
In an attacking sense? Yes don’t know about that. But in games where we want more attacking we still have Mendy. As it is though I think we may use Torres and Sterling more like we did with Sane Sterling in the 100 point season keeping Bernardo , Foden , KDB in the midfield spots and get back to the more inverted full backs with Ake / Walker.

In an attacking sense? Yes don’t know about that. But in games where we want more attacking we still have Mendy. As it is though I think we may use Torres and Sterling more like we did with Sane Sterling in the 100 point season keeping Bernardo , Foden , KDB in the midfield spots and get back to the more inverted full backs with Ake / Walker.

I think we might also see Aké and Cancelo as a pairing and Mendy and Walker as a pairing from time to time too.

I’m going off how Pep used to use Abidal as almost a third central defender at leftback when Dani Alves was allowed to bomb on at right back. If we play Mahrez/Foden/Bernardo at RW then Cancelo can provide width and Aké can provide extra security at the back

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.