Nations League

Good goal by Italy to lead the Netherlands, but the Dutch defense is a shambles. Italy have cut through them multiple times and nobody is holding the same line. Ake is often guilty of ball watching and van Dijk didn’t communicate for the goal.

Virgil's fault.
Actually on 2nd viewing it seems to be a combination fault, don't blame Ake fully here.

Watch replays for those who initially blamed Ake (I did).

Both him and Virgil mark the same man, then Virgil leaves his man and Akes goes to him.

Then the ball goes past Ake's marker to the player behind him, Ake basically had to mark 2 guys because Virgil marked.... nobody.

There other player in the box (Wijnaldum) I think also did nothing to support.

Turned on to see if Ake was our left back solution. Within 5 minutes he's cost Holland a goal

Actually on 2nd viewing it seems to be a combination fault, don't blame Ake fully here.

Both him and Virgil mark the same man, then Virgil leaves his man and Akes goes to him.

Then the ball goes past Ake's marker to the player behind him, Ake basically had to mark 2 guys because Virgil marked.... nobody.

I was just kidding about virgil, I'm not even watching it.

Ake caught ball watching, gotta jump man.
Really poor defending that

Van Dijk seems to be trying to play an offside line despite the fact he can see #7 is 3 yards deeper than him. Either that or he's marking the penalty spot.

Aké is left trying to mark 2 men and in the end gets caught out by the midfield runner who is attacking the ball properly while Aké was just waiting for it to come to him.

He should have been more aggressive to meet the cross, but that goal is on Van Dijk taking 5 minutes out of the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.