Navas or White?

I still think white would beat navas in a race even today - if there was a cake at the finishing line.

Kun Aguero said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Rammy Blue said:
An overweight asthmatic badger with a limp could beat david white now. Think navas would win by a mile.

Wasn't there a competition to find the fastest player in the prem and white wasnt the fastest at the club think curle or phelan.
This.

That.

The other.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Vienna_70 said:
I was just wondering whom Bluemooners think is / was the faster, David White or Jesús Navas?

For me, I reckon Whitey just had the edge in his heyday, but I reckon Jesus might just beat him now.

Seeing as Jesus has run the 100m in sub 11 I'll go with him, however if you were to put a batch of donuts at the finish line it may be close!!!
As White did back in the day
White was more direct, Jesus is fast off the ball but not so much with it as White was.
White made Wayne Biggins look a world beater crossing over for him to tap it in. Imagine Negredo getting on the end of those balls?
Navas has been clocked at 10.8 for 100mtrs (off the ball) which is very quick.

Walcott, who was alleged to be the quickest in the Prem has been clocked at 10.4 which is...very very quick.

steviemc said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Seeing as Jesus has run the 100m in sub 11 I'll go with him, however if you were to put a batch of donuts at the finish line it may be close!!!
White was more direct, Jesus is fast off the ball but not so much with it as White was.
White made Wayne Biggins look a world beater crossing over for him to tap it in. Imagine Negredo getting on the end of those balls?

Walcott, who was alleged to be the quickest in the Prem has been clocked at 10.4 which is...very very quick.

By no means calling you a liar, but where did you hear those figures?

I always wonder where these 100m times come from, as I would be very surprised if any professional footballer could run those sorts of times for 100m. I doubt any could go sub 11 without specific 100m training.

i reckon navas is faster than white was but its close. i heard curle was the fastest at the club during white's time there.

we havent seen the best of navas yet at city, but as for comparing them as a players. well, one has managed to play 34 times for the euro/world champions and the other played once for england during a time when it was arguably the worst england squad in living memory.

David White was not just a winger he scored goals as well so for me today it would be White but hope it changes soon.by the way don't give a fuck how big David is now he is still a blue legend have some respect.

pass2silva said:
steviemc said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

By no means calling you a liar, but where did you hear those figures?

I always wonder where these 100m times come from, as I would be very surprised if any professional footballer could run those sorts of times for 100m. I doubt any could go sub 11 without specific 100m training.

According to some website I've just been looking at because I'm bored, Walcott claims to have ran 10.6

Some yank called Marvell Wynne from Colarado Rapids is apprently the fastest footballer. He reckons he's done 100m in 10.39.

I think both those times are from when they were actually doing athletics though before they became footballers. Pretty sure they wouldn't be able to run anything like that in boots and on grass.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.