NBC want two English games to be played in USA

As an American, may I express my view on this?

Should the Prem play matches in the USA?

Fuck the fucking fuck NO.

One of the truly beautiful things about the Prem (and many, many other footy leagues) is the perfectly-balanced schedule. Play each side twice, once home, once away. Perfect.

No weirdo regional conference weightings, no too-many-teams-for-everyone-to-play-each-other, no cockamamie four-teams-play-matches in-Mongolia-and-Ecuador bullshit.

Change nothing. Ever.

One of the truly beautiful things about the Prem (and many, many other footy leagues) is the perfectly-balanced schedule. Play each side twice, once home, once away. Perfect.

No weirdo regional conference weightings, no too-many-teams-for-everyone-to-play-each-other, no cockamamie four-teams-play-matches in-Mongolia-and-Ecuador bullshit.

Change nothing. Ever.
You tell ‘em @FogBlueInSanFran. Leave our PL and our season alone. :-) :-(

Just play the Charity Shield over there. It would reignite interest in it and the winner gets to lift a trophy - the Yanks would love it. The FA and Premier League should have been on board with this years ago.
As for league matches - fuck off!
No.
Why play charity shield in that mad country

The problem I see with this is it makes the league unfair.

38 games - Home and away. Simple.

If you play a game at a mutual venue then it’s not a fair balance. Someone loses out on a home game.

It is a global game now so the only way foreigners, in my view, get a competitive game is cup games.
Play European games or FA Cup games elsewhere.
(Even that will upset traditionalists but change will happen).
Yeah, it skews the competition and erodes the edifice that is built on integrity. But when it comes to hard cash the governing bodies tend to make out that such an idea as integrity are rather quaint, and possibly anachronistic.

Just play the Charity Shield over there. It would reignite interest in it and the winner gets to lift a trophy - the Yanks would love it. The FA and Premier League should have been on board with this years ago.
As for league matches - fuck off!
Community Shield, no way. It opens the door slightly. Owners of all nationalities welcome. Some of those from USA appear to asset strip and work towards a closed shop

Change nothing. Ever.
How do fans of NFL view their games being played at Wembley or Spurs? Don't know any match going fans of the Tampa Bucs to ask!

How do fans of NFL view their games being played at Wembley or Spurs? Don't know any match going fans of the Tampa Bucs to ask!
I don't give a fuck about the NFL so I don't know nor care, really.

A little bit different with baseball -- I do like my Giants. But as there are a seems-like-forever 162 games per season, if they want to go to Tokyo or Seoul for a couple, fine.

Both those nations are absolutely mad for baseball so it seems like serving a need rather than trying to "build a following".

Community Shield, no way. It opens the door slightly. Owners of all nationalities welcome. Some of those from USA appear to asset strip and work towards a closed shop
In theory wouldn't really mind the CS match played here (especially since we're in it regularly :)). . . but you're probably right about it "opening the door", and no doubt US owners might talk a nice talk about relegation/promotion, but secretly the closed-shop, legaliz(s)ed monopoly sports league is what said owners thirst for some day happening over there, at least if you're buying into and willing to invest in a top-tier club.

To their credit, the celebrity Wrexham Twins have made it all about the community and "chasing a dream" and were I well off enough to buy and invest in a club as a hobby I'd much rather go their route than do what the Glazers, FSC, hedge-fund-what's-his-name at Chelsea, etc. have done.

But since I'm a City fan I'd feel guilty to be perfectly honest.

As soon as there is enough American Owners in the Premier League they'll have a vote and it will pass.

Whether we all like it or not, Premier League Football will be played abroad.

That will be the day the majority of fans will knock it on the head.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.