NBC want two English games to be played in USA

There’s going to be an NFL game in Germany, as well this coming season.

There’s been games in Germany for a few years now.

It’s the main reason they were blaming the pitch in Frankfurt for being so shit during the Euros because they had to relay it after the NFL game.

Community Shield, no way. It opens the door slightly. Owners of all nationalities welcome. Some of those from USA appear to asset strip and work towards a closed shop

Also logistically it probably wouldn’t work.

You normally get what, about 10 weeks between the end of the season and the Charity Shield. I imagine the top teams probably have their pre seasons broadly planned out a couple of years in advance these days.

No fucker is going to be interested in flying from say Australia or Asia to America for a one off game and then back to England for the first game, six or seven days later.

How do fans of NFL view their games being played at Wembley or Spurs? Don't know any match going fans of the Tampa Bucs to ask!
Think it depends really. As a one-off it's not a huge deal. My local team is playing in Brazil (!) for a game this year and it's overall been viewed positively and a way to make a trip out of it. And that is Eagles vs Packers which are two very old, established, community oriented, and well supported teams (which the Florida teams that typically play in Wembley are not). But if it was every year or a recurring thing, yeah that wouldn't go over well.

I think another difference is the NFL is a growing sport trying to expand, there's really one 1 league globally, so maybe there's more tolerance to playing a handful of matches overseas to grow the sport and give those fans a chance. But the prem doesn't need to do that. And every country has their own league.

Think it depends really. As a one-off it's not a huge deal. My local team is playing in Brazil (!) for a game this year and it's overall been viewed positively and a way to make a trip out of it. And that is Eagles vs Packers which are two very old, established, community oriented, and well supported teams (which the Florida teams that typically play in Wembley are not). But if it was every year or a recurring thing, yeah that wouldn't go over well.

I think another difference is the NFL is a growing sport trying to expand, there's really one 1 league globally, so maybe there's more tolerance to playing a handful of matches overseas to grow the sport and give those fans a chance. But the prem doesn't need to do that. And every country has their own league.
Half my street flew to Wembley to see the Philadelphia Eagles play a few years ago and they all said it was fantastic and want to do games in Europe more often

One of my favourite examples of this is the Carolina Panthers, which received millions from the local and state government to build their (now aging) stadium.

Once that was done, they helped pioneer something called a Personal Seat License (PSLs) as a precursor to their season ticket offering. That required fans to buy a PSL to secure their right to purchase season tickets for specific seats.

So when all was said and done, the fans had paid for their seat three times.
When the Philadelphia eagles built their stadium in 2002, with 100% government money they also offered PSL's to season ticket holders in the lower level. I purchased two (my #of seats) for $1,795 per seat. The next year my ex-wife initiated divorce proceedings.
I accepted the divorce with no stipulations, she got everything except my dog, my car and my Eagles season tickets (in my family since 1958). The judge decreed that I could visit the dog during the child visitation, awarded me my car, and gave her the season tickets. Over the last 20 years or so, I would receive pictures on my phone of her and her new man enjoying themselves at Eagles games.
June 1st I sold the PSL's to a friend much younger than I for $48,000 for the pair. With the sale he now has the option to purchase the seats, which he did. Yesterday I saw him at a charity function where he gifted me the seats for the home opener. I plan on taking a 28 year old bartender and previous Miss Philadelphia to the game....... can't wait to send the ex-wife some pictures.

Karma, it's a woman.

As an American, may I express my view on this?

Should the Prem play matches in the USA?

Fuck the fucking fuck NO.

One of the truly beautiful things about the Prem (and many, many other footy leagues) is the perfectly-balanced schedule. Play each side twice, once home, once away. Perfect.

No weirdo regional conference weightings, no too-many-teams-for-everyone-to-play-each-other, no cockamamie four-teams-play-matches in-Mongolia-and-Ecuador bullshit.

Change nothing. Ever.
Just a like wouldn't have satisfied me.
Bravo Foggy Bravo !!!!!

When the Philadelphia eagles built their stadium in 2002, with 100% government money they also offered PSL's to season ticket holders in the lower level. I purchased two (my #of seats) for $1,795 per seat. The next year my ex-wife initiated divorce proceedings.
I accepted the divorce with no stipulations, she got everything except my dog, my car and my Eagles season tickets (in my family since 1958). The judge decreed that I could visit the dog during the child visitation, awarded me my car, and gave her the season tickets. Over the last 20 years or so, I would receive pictures on my phone of her and her new man enjoying themselves at Eagles games.
June 1st I sold the PSL's to a friend much younger than I for $48,000 for the pair. With the sale he now has the option to purchase the seats, which he did. Yesterday I saw him at a charity function where he gifted me the seats for the home opener. I plan on taking a 28 year old bartender and previous Miss Philadelphia to the game....... can't wait to send the ex-wife some pictures.

Karma, it's a woman.
I feel as though this is the exact scenario the sports marketing agent behind the concept of PSLs envisioned when he developed the scheme! ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.