NBC want two English games to be played in USA

Listen, if it were up to me we wouldn't be having the conversation at all. But if they want to enter a team into the European competition that bothers me a hell of a lot less then moving domestic league games to another continent. It undermines the fairness of the whole contest.
Where did I say I wanted the Premier League to move games to the US?

Where did I say I wanted the Premier League to move games to the US?
Not sure I said you did? In fact earlier in our conversation i said "not saying you're saying that, but I've seen other people banging on about growth as though its something we should all be excited about"

Not sure I said you did? In fact earlier in our conversation i said "not saying you're saying that, but I've seen other people banging on about growth as though its something we should all be excited about"
If City could play one game over there for a billion quid I would be finished with football forever .
It's a step to far

The best compromise for me would be for US teams to be allowed to enter a team into the champions league or something. That way they can have competitive games involving big clubs on US soil but without damaging the fairness or balance of the competition
To be fair, I'd pay very, very good money to watch AC Real Kentucky Inter FC get a walloping by a Polish team that finished second last season. So it makes sense from a financial perspective.

To be fair, I'd pay very, very good money to watch AC Real Kentucky Inter FC get a walloping by a Polish team that finished second last season. So it makes sense from a financial perspective.

Yeah.

If the world wants it, let's see Inter Miami play FC Nuclear Waste Dump Kazakhstan at their beautiful landfill stadium.

article-2412234-1BA2F2CD000005DC-424_634x430.jpg

The best compromise for me would be for US teams to be allowed to enter a team into the champions league or something. That way they can have competitive games involving big clubs on US soil but without damaging the fairness or balance of the competition
Champions Leagues are run by the federation of the teams playing. The USA is in CONCACAF, England in UEFA and so on around the globe.

The only issue with that is the US teams would be even worse than Celtic in the qualifying rounds and would.never make the group stages.

Like I say. I understand the commercial and business benefits of it. But there's nothing about it for match going fans to get excited about so it surprises me when I see those arguments put out there as though it's a good thing for us Growth for growth's sake isn't something for the local fanbase to care or get excited about.
The interest for local fines should come from the financial aspect.of it though.
Without the millions of new fans around the world buying official shirts and other items and subsequent TV money from overseas, our finances aren't as good as they are.

If City don't go to these places to attract these new fans then they will take.their custom elsewhere. Look at Wrexham! Their 2nd successive tour of the States and their games are on TV here. Stockport County wouldn't get the same coverage.

We used to laugh at the rags being the pride of Singapore yet they were miles ahead of everyone bar Liverpool in this commercial game and yes they were miles ahead of everyone on the pitch too.
In order for City to be ahead on the field we have to be ahead commercially too, which means match going.fans get the benefit of it in a round about way.

The interest for local fines should come from the financial aspect.of it though.
Without the millions of new fans around the world buying official shirts and other items and subsequent TV money from overseas, our finances aren't as good as they are.

If City don't go to these places to attract these new fans then they will take.their custom elsewhere. Look at Wrexham! Their 2nd successive tour of the States and their games are on TV here. Stockport County wouldn't get the same coverage.

We used to laugh at the rags being the pride of Singapore yet they were miles ahead of everyone bar Liverpool in this commercial game and yes they were miles ahead of everyone on the pitch too.
In order for City to be ahead on the field we have to be ahead commercially too, which means match going.fans get the benefit of it in a round about way.

This isn't about City doing it before another PL club does. It's about the PL agreeing to move games there. It's a terrible idea.

If the consequence if that the Spanish league or someone else does it instead I really couldn't care less.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.