NBC want two English games to be played in USA

I see this argument a lot. But why do we need to "grow" it any further?
I didn’t say we need to.

However, the Premier League, and its constituent clubs, will want to. There are millions of people in the US, who have no interest whatsoever in football, and probably never will, but their kids will, and that’s the generation that the PL is targeting, much like City are targeting kids in New York (and throughout the States).

I didn’t say we need to.

However, the Premier League, and its constituent clubs, will want to. There are millions of people in the US, who have no interest whatsoever in football, and probably never will, but their kids will, and that’s the generation that the PL is targeting, much like City are targeting kids in New York (and throughout the States).

Sure the clubs will want to keep it growing but I see a lot of fans parroting that narrative too when I don't see any benefit for fans at all in the game growing any further. It just moves it away from us even more. One can argue it's inevitable etc and that's life, but I don't think that means fans should be happy with it (not saying you're saying that, but I've seen other people banging on about growth as though its something we should all be excited about.)

Sure the clubs will want to keep it growing but I see a lot of fans parroting that narrative too when I don't see any benefit for fans at all in the game growing any further. It just moves it away from us even more. One can argue it's inevitable etc and that's life, but I don't think that means fans should be happy with it (not saying you're saying that, but I've seen other people banging on about growth as though its something we should all be excited about.)
When has the game.been run with the benefit of fans in mind?
When I watch games at MacDinton's pub in Tampa, I'm the only.City fan there not wearing a replica shirt.
On our what's app group chat before away games, a lot of them are panicking over which shirt we will be wearing as they want to match it as they have all 3 shirts.
And that's why the club wants to see the growth of overseas supporters continue further.
Financially, a lot of "local" fans beyond ticket money, put very little into the clubs coffers.

When has the game.been run with the benefit of fans in mind?
When I watch games at MacDinton's pub in Tampa, I'm the only.City fan there not wearing a replica shirt.
On our what's app group chat before away games, a lot of them are panicking over which shirt we will be wearing as they want to match it as they have all 3 shirts.
And that's why the club wants to see the growth of overseas supporters continue further.
Financially, a lot of "local" fans beyond ticket money, put very little into the clubs coffers.

Like I say. I understand the commercial and business benefits of it. But there's nothing about it for match going fans to get excited about so it surprises me when I see those arguments put out there as though it's a good thing for us Growth for growth's sake isn't something for the local fanbase to care or get excited about.

The best compromise for me would be for US teams to be allowed to enter a team into the champions league or something. That way they can have competitive games involving big clubs on US soil but without damaging the fairness or balance of the competition

The best compromise for me would be for US teams to be allowed to enter a team into the champions league or something. That way they can have competitive games involving big clubs on US soil but without damaging the fairness or balance of the competition
Bu US teams already have their own equivalent to the Champions League.

Bu US teams already have their own equivalent to the Champions League.

Listen, if it were up to me we wouldn't be having the conversation at all. But if they want to enter a team into the European competition that bothers me a hell of a lot less then moving domestic league games to another continent. It undermines the fairness of the whole contest.

Listen, if it were up to me we wouldn't be having the conversation at all. But if they want to enter a team into the European competition that bothers me a hell of a lot less then moving domestic league games to another continent. It undermines the fairness of the whole contest.

Do the US tours/visits for the benefit of financial growth but under no circumstances move a PL game there.

Far too much US influence affecting the PL already, with certain clubs wanting everybody to dance to their tune.

The sooner their influence is diluted the better imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.