NBC want two English games to be played in USA

If it was up to owners this would have been done long ago.

However, English football being rooted much more in traditionalism is probably going to be a barrier. The reaction to the super league was a prime example of any form of change.

Also, theres all sorts of problems that would occur. Only way I could plausibly see it is if they add another fixture to 38 games. But then how do we determine who plays who in that fixture? Taking an existing fixture seems laughable. Lottery draw where the possibility of home Manchester derby is picked up and moved to New York? I’m sure that’ll go down well and it calls into question the fairness and integrity of the league.

Can’t help but feel this sort of thing is often driven by people who are mistaking football clubs for US sports teams that are considered franchises.
And that is the point.
How do you maintain the integrity of the league?
If you lose the integrity of the league, what is the point of winning the title?
We've already witnessed the worth, the heritage of the FA Cup diminished.
That said, if a 'meaningful' game has to be played in the U.S. or elsewhere, the F.A.Cup would be the one to sacrifice, but can you imagine the outcry from the F.A?
They do have a stadium to pay for after all.....

And that is the point.
How do you maintain the integrity of the league?
If you lose the integrity of the league, what is the point of winning the title?
We've already witnessed the worth, the heritage of the FA Cup diminished.
That said, if a 'meaningful' game has to be played in the U.S. or elsewhere, the F.A.Cup would be the one to sacrifice, but can you imagine the outcry from the F.A?
They do have a stadium to pay for after all.....

In the unlikely event it does ever happen, it will be planned and announced months in advance. Probably at the start of a season for a game after Christmas.

Not a cup game that no one knows is even happening two weeks before it’s played.

No patience for the Americans trying to push this over the line. The Premier League is when every team plays every other team twice: once home, once away. We aren't going to the states for a 39th game no matter how much you think it's 'not a big deal'.

I have really come to enjoy the NBA. I would never, ever demand that the NBA play a game in the UK. You know why? Because I understand that the whole world doesn't fucking revolve around me.

The world now is full of people who, at some point, made the decision of "I want to support a football club. Who's the most successful club at the moment? Manchester City? I'll support them, then."

Okay, fine. You've got your trophies, you get to watch your team win almost every week. And yet you still want more? Fuck no.

Makes my blood boil when they claim they're better fans than us because they get up early whenever City play. Fucking embarrassing.

No patience for the Americans trying to push this over the line. The Premier League is when every team plays every other team twice: once home, once away. We aren't going to the states for a 39th game no matter how much you think it's 'not a big deal'.

I have really come to enjoy the NBA. I would never, ever demand that the NBA play a game in the UK. You know why? Because I understand that the whole world doesn't fucking revolve around me.

The world now is full of people who, at some point, made the decision of "I want to support a football club. Who's the most successful club at the moment? Manchester City? I'll support them, then."

Okay, fine. You've got your trophies, you get to watch your team win almost every week. And yet you still want more? Fuck no.

Makes my blood boil when they claim they're better fans than us because they get up early whenever City play. Fucking embarrassing.

Not sure how closely you follow the NBA. But they’ve been playing regular season games in England for the past 13 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.