NC500 - Scotland road trip

Saw a few cycling it on the uphill strech. Touring with the panniers.

I'm going to look on Strava to see which maniac has the KOM :)
I've done it a few times but never with panniers and I definitely won't be KOM , I've had to walk the last bit a couple of times when unfit.

I've done it a few times but never with panniers and I definitely won't be KOM , I've had to walk the last bit a couple of times when unfit.
These guys were struggling up. Met a team doing LEJOG in Bettyhill. Only 45 miles to JOG. Great bunch of guys and girls. Had a beer with the support driver and was telling me they got caught in the same storm we did in Edinburgh and one came off hitting a water filled pot hole. Bad enough in the car. Serious athletes some doing it for the 5th or 6th time.

Heading off to do this tomorrow, fly to Inverness first thing, pick up a hire car and have given ourselves 8 days, accommodation all booked, looking forward to getting away from it all with the hundreds of other people getting away from it all...

Heading off to do this tomorrow, fly to Inverness first thing, pick up a hire car and have given ourselves 8 days, accommodation all booked, looking forward to getting away from it all with the hundreds of other people getting away from it all...
Very jealous pal, you will love it. You’ll be surprised at how remote and isolated you can be in this country, truely amazing trip.

Nice one mate. Thought about how much I enjoyed it every day since I got back, in fact, I’d go as far to say I’ve been down since we got back I enjoyed it that much. Where you staying? It won’t be busy. Very remote.

Last edited by a moderator:

Very jealous indeed, must look at this again for next march before the beasties come out

Nice one mate. Thought about how much I enjoyed it every day since I got back, in fact, I’d go as far to say I’ve been down since we got back I enjoyed it that much. Where you staying? It won’t be busy. Very remote.
Was only half joking about the potential for crowds, it's all relative I know and it won't be Cornwall. That said I believe it was on the news last week about the route being inundated with caravans and motorhomes that it is ill equipped to manage in such numbers due to the staycation boom.

We booked it all in July and even then struggled in some places to get accommodation. We're pretty much following a recommended route, staying in Inverness tonight before stop offs in Dornoch, Wick, Tongue, Lochinver and a couple of nights in Ullapool.

Diverted to the Black Isle today, Cromarty and Chanonry Point watching the dolphins. Lovely.

Was only half joking about the potential for crowds, it's all relative I know and it won't be Cornwall. That said I believe it was on the news last week about the route being inundated with caravans and motorhomes that it is ill equipped to manage in such numbers due to the staycation boom.

We booked it all in July and even then struggled in some places to get accommodation. We're pretty much following a recommended route, staying in Inverness tonight before stop offs in Dornoch, Wick, Tongue, Lochinver and a couple of nights in Ullapool.

Diverted to the Black Isle today, Cromarty and Chanonry Point watching the dolphins. Lovely.
Have you thought about driving to Fort Augustus and driving back to Dornoch via buauly.

we are doing this at the end of october got a motor home booked and just going to see what happens basicaly on the way round

Have you thought about driving to Fort Augustus and driving back to Dornoch via buauly.
Loved Dornoch, beautiful little village and had a cracking night in a pub there. Did the Glenmoragie distillery tour the day after.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.